The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

MHI Big 16g

Jesus_Negros

Man it aint fun being newb

SouthCaliVR4

^^^ Well, at least no ones talking body kits, Ohh, wait.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Jesus_Negros

yea and u was no help so stay outta my thread demi-noob.

Brunoboy

Quoting SouthCaliVR4:
^^^ Well, at least no ones talking body kits, Ohh, wait.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

ROFL

AWDnot2

</font><blockquote><font class="small">Quoting DDM:</font><hr />

You should know from my post that’s right above your post. And if you boost test your car with a valve stem that’s all on you. I block everything off and use a smoke/air machine like it should be done but to each its own.

<hr /></blockquote><font class="post">

Not all boost leaks can be detected with a smoke air machine. What may not leak at 10psi, may leak at 21psi.

One of these..
DSC00605.jpg

pressurized to your maximum boost pressure and a spray bottle filled with soapy water is much more effective. Its not a valve stem, but the same concept.
I dealt with a nasty throttle shaft seal leak that was undetectable under 5psi. By 12psi, it was hissing like crazy. On a high performance turbocharged car, a smoke air machine is not sufficient.

Last edited:

BrandonEchols

Quoting brunoboy:
Quoting SouthCaliVR4:

ROFL

srsly /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned