The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

SHIFTER CABLE BEARINGS Bushings Advice.

4thStroke

It doesnt matter. I have a ACT 2600 PP and it shifts fine with the factory rod (well, as fine as an ACT will shift).

It may get you by for now, but chances are that something else will surface in the future.

Nabeel

Here again I am suspecting the transmission oil. Shifting got better when transmission get warm. I am using cheap green fluid. I think MT90 I am not sure what number is.
What usualy DSMrs & GVR4s do to have better shifting at high RPM's....????

raptorWagon

Am I missing something about Green gear oil? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif From what I can find, the green stuff is Redline's Shockproof GL-5 oil, which shouldn't be in your transmission anyway. Should be using a GL-4 type oil such as MT-90 75W90, or Pennzoil's Synchromesh. Some Gl-5 oils don't play nice with the Synchros.

This is the thread I referred to about understanding why GL-4 is recommended in the Tranny vs GL-5.
Drivetrain Fluids

Mark LaVallee

BG Synchromesh in the tranny, Rebuilt pedal assembly, braided steel hose, new master and slave and mine shifts like BUTTAH!

Your car will shift like stir fried ASS until you get rid of the 90WT in the trans.

Last edited:

mmmm aint had stir fried ass in a long time. thanks for the reminder. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Nabeel

Ops. I am using the wrong transmission fluid! Redline is available around but it is expensive. What number should I use?

Nabeel

Just I likes to have case closed. So I would like to add that my shifting improved after changing the fluide + changing the clutch fluide to DOT4 insted of DOT3. It was the key.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned