The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

running funny..... need help...

GVR41380

so recently my car started feeling like it was running out of gas, like that car sounds like a miss fire, i have new ngkbpr7 with ngk wires that are aslo newer, iv notice that my water pipe is leaking from not the O-ring but from when the pipe starts going to to firewall (right above where the bolt that goes from trans to block) and i noticed that the coolant is dripping on the o2 senson that plugs in to the o2 housing. should i get my car scanned. bc im thiking it the sensor thats going bc i can drive my car still but it just drives like its not getting proper fuel at all times, but when i get on it it seems to go away but i can still feel some resistance.
Any help or advise on fixing or checking on my car would be awesome. Thanks Shane

Armitage

First thing first, eliminate the known problems. The area where the coolant is leaking has a bunch of junctions including, IIRC, the heater core feed/return and the throttlebody coolant hoses. Fix the leak and dry out the affected area. You may need to unplug the O2 sensor and clean any rust/scale off the pins if they're in bad shape. Rent a coolant system pressure tester from Advance (the Autozone one sucks) if you have one locally. With that you can pinpoint exactly what's leaking very quickly.

It's possible the your misfire issue is completely unrelated but it never hurts to fix the problems you know about first /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

GVR41380

i mixed the misfire issue i had, it was actualy my intake pipe that connects to the turbo, it completely fell off, but on my waterpipe i found a hairline crack where the pipe splits off and goes to the back of the engine(firewall) im just going to take the pipe off and have my friend put a little weld around it. does this sound like a bad idea? the weld on the waterpipe...

Armitage

Awesome, glad you found your problem and it was an easy fix. re: the waterpipe, if it were me instead of going through all the trouble of removing it, I'd let it dry out completely, clean it off real well, JB Weld the fracture in-place, and call it good. For low pressure applications like that it'll be more than adequate for the lifetime of the car.

GVR41380

thanks for the info on the JB weld, il try that out this weekend. Now i have another problem with the car... when i turn the key to start the motor dosent sound too good, i hear 2-3 hard clunking sounds coming from the starter it sounds like. i checked my starter bolts and their on there nice and tight, the starter dosent jiggle at all its on there pretty good, dose this sound like my starter is starting to go bad or could i possibly have a missing tooth on the starter??? any help would be great.
Thanks Shane

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned