The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Need help

Hey guys I need help
my car has this weird noise sounds like a go kart
from the exhaust it feels like my turbo is studdering but I'm not sure if it
is my boost Gauge needle shakes alot when I'm boost and when I'm in 3rd gear it studders at 5psi
if you can understand my post plz help me /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
Boost leak?

What does a boost leak cause what are the signs of a boost leak
I'm new to this turbo sh*t

If you are new to turbo cars and not sure what a boost leak is then you have a lot of reading and learning to do.

Some places that will help you are www.vfaq.com and www.dsm.org

To see if you have a boost leak you need to buy or make a boost leak tester. You can make them out of pvc tubing from home depot and a air compressor attachment fitting. Search the internet for boost leak test. Spray soapy water on all your intercooler piping and pieces that connect to it. If you see bubbles anywhere you sprayed while the car is idling then you have a air leak there.

Like this. Boost leak tester.

Just made a boost leak tester for like $10 or $12 dollars. We got two caps from home depot, a bicycle pump from harbor freight, and valve stems from advance auto. Cheap and affective. +1 on reading some v-FAQ before trying. Good luck

Cool man I watched some videos on how to do a boost leak test it looks easy

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned