The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Pics and details of your gauges?

EMX5636

You can only fit 2 on the speaker grill, but I'm using Autometer Carbon Cups and AEM gauges.

manikbastrd

EMX5636,
How do you like the electronic AEM boost and Wideband? I have had a Uego before, but am nervous about the boost gauge. I just ordered both BTW...
Thanks in Advance!

Alainb7

Sorry about the crappy picture.

I took 2 dual pillar and made a tripple pillar with it. Install my 3 AEM gauge. Wideband, boost and engine oil pressure

I also install on right side of the clock my tranny temp gauges, engine oil temp and fuel pressure on right side of the clock.

raptorWagon

Had one of those Snazzy Curits dual gauge panels that came with my VR4.
No radio when I got the car lol.
IMG_0743.jpg

EMX5636

Quoting manikbastrd:
EMX5636,
How do you like the electronic AEM boost and Wideband? I have had a Uego before, but am nervous about the boost gauge. I just ordered both BTW...
Thanks in Advance!

Love it. I originally had the 35psi gauge, but running up to that and needing to run a MAP sensor for my speed density setup made me swap to the 50psi setup. I'm now using AEM's 5-bar MAP sensor to feed the gauge, and DSMLink. Some people have issues with the UEGO and DSMLink, but mine has been behaving for years.

Now if only their oil pressure gauge wasn't so damn expensive, so it would match... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

Steve885

I moved all mine off the pillar to a speaker gauge pod and into the lower under dash drawer. Like I said I hate the Christmas lights in my face at night...

Last edited:

Boostdtalon

Well going off of the factory style evo gauges. I'm considering going with the gauge mount from 42 draft designs. This setup allows you to use the 52mm gauges.

raptorWagon

If you have issues with bright lights at night time, maybe pic a gauge set that can be used with a dimmer, or don't pick colors like White for backlighting lol.

JamesFoster

I've got the Zeitronix thing here. I'm gonna buy another one of the 52mm gauges and put it inside the oem gauge cluster inbetween the speedo and tach and put it on wideband, then switch the one next to the lcd display to boost and put water temp on the lcd..

manikbastrd

Wow that's pretty cool! I was looking for an integrated setup like that before I bought what I have now. Do you use aftermarket sensors, of does it tie in to the current sensors? I personally would rather have it as a single din install below a stereo, but that looks really clean!

tektic

This is the temporary setup above the radio. I will have a switch to shut them all off when I don't need Christmas lights.
I also have a seven segment volt meter display I have set up to monitor a/f ratio.

I eventually want to make a fiberglass pod over the dash area, probably covering the clock.
EBAY GOT ME AGAIN! I'll eventually learn not to cheep out. The gauge on the right is a genuine PROSPORT. The other two are from ebay. The boost gauge looks the same from the front. Turn it over and you notice there is no removable plug just wires coming from a hole in the back. Then Therese the operation. It turns on fine it does it's opening ceremony just like the pro sport however it is not as bright as the PROSPORT. The worst part is the sender shipped with this unit doesn't function properly. The gauge reads 5psi of boost when the sensor is open to atmosphere. The oil pressure gauge has the same lower quality construction and also an inferior single terminal oil pressure sender. It relies on the body of the sender to ground to the engine. I haven't figured out how I'm going to get it grounded. I have a rubber hose I was planning on connecting it to for a pressure source. The PROSPORT fuel pressure sender has two terminals for signal and ground.

tektic

Quote:
it can't be that hard to wire them into the dimmer switch.

LED's don't dim.

Overall build quality is sh*t. Boost gauge reeds 5psi when no boost is being applied. utter garbage. May work with better senders but I'm going to return them.

slugsgomoo

Quoting cheekychimp:
^^^ Oh Knocking sounds, smoke from under the hood, pieces of engine on the highway ... what do you need a warning light for when you have all those tell tale signs /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

DSMLink & AEM both allow you to set yourself up so that if you're logging all your sensors/gauges you can set up an idiot light on the dash (check engine light, other add on light, etc). Frankly I don't want to have to constantly monitor gauges because it draws attention away, I just want to know if something is going wrong ASAP. If I'm not looking at a gauge and it starts to go bad, I may still kill the car.

As such, I set nice conservative levels for badness, and when that light comes on I get out of the throttle- usually makes the light disappear.

The system works well and the lack of gauges makes the car less of a target IMO. That said I still keep mine in the glovebox for tuning purposes.

slugsgomoo

I haven't finished it yet, it's a rough mockup that i've dragged my feet on, since I can close the glovebox and the un-done work goes away /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif I will get some pictures when it's complete though.

My initial plan on it was to fit my gauges well, but to also leave an area to keep the manual, reg/ins, and some other smaller items.

EgonOlsen

So did anyone ever make a nice looking setup with the Evo oem triple gauge(volt, oil, boost)?
and did you need the sender from the evo for oil as well?

Considered them, maybe in the vent area or at the radio 1din?

Boostdtalon

I have those gauges right now, I am planning on using them on 1411. If I don't use them, I will more than likely order the gauge pod from 42 draft designs that mounts the same way. It allows for 52mm gauges as the factory Mitsubishi gauges are smaller. I know Josh (Alpha Male) has them installed in his car. Maybe he will chime in with a picture of his setup.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned