The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Innovative mtxl vs aem wideband setup's... OPINIONS PLEASE!!!

Dopeem1

Ok guys ive done a massive amount of work to 554 sense i got her and its almost time to start it!

My mods now are:
255 wally
660cc injectors
272 cams
E3 big 16g (gsp not oem)
Custom front mount setup
3" turbo back
2g maf wired in.

Will be tuned on a safc2 untill mid march when i can my ecmlink. I REALLY want to drive my car guys, so please dont flame me if im doing something wrong.

Im on the hunt for a wideband at this point. The 2 i cannot decide between are you standard plug and play aem, or the finiky innovate mtxl.
Please give me some input as to wich one i should buy for my setup and why. Thanks!

mitsuturbo

Keep us posted on how well that GSP 16g holds up.
I've heard rumor that they can actually live for a while and not self destruct.

Innovate plays better with ECMlink if i remember correctly. I haven't heard anything bad about the Innovate WBo2. I've read plenty of bad experiences with the AEM UEGO wideband, but then again i've seen a lot of guys run them and seem to like them.

jnava

Staff member
To be honest, get a real mhi cartridge, that is all.

Dopeem1

Again please dont flame my setup. The gsp turbo spools great and turns on HARD. At least for the 1500 miles the car went down for surgery. Was not purchased by my btw, ig was on the car when i got it. I have a authentice mhi e3 16g but it needs rebuilt. Will be getting that done also around mid march along with ecmlink.

Im am looking for feed back on wifebands though, not my turbo.

snailspool

Havid both, Aem was really easy to wire up. Ive also had longer life with their sensors.
Innovate seemed to refresh faster, and yes ECMlink recommends this over an AEM. Finally, wiring it will take about 1/2 to a full hour more than AEM. Possibly an overestimate, but i over budget my time purposefully.

theevozero

I have both and personally like the Innovate better. I am running an AEM EMS series 1 and for some reason, could not for the life of me get the logged reading from the AEM wideband to agree with the gauge. I did find that the gauge is always right though.

The Innovate is a bit more difficult to install, requires calibration and has more hardware that is required for operation. BUT has a faster sample rate, is easier to log, has a much wider AFR window and comes with its own software for setup.

Dopeem1

See ive read the aem sensors last longer,BUT the both use the exact same bosch 4.2 lsu sensor, ao how can aem sensors last longer when they are the same?

I am leaning much more twards the innovate now as it works better with ecmlink, which is a must have imo. Plus with logworks i can tune the car better than ever before i get ecm link.

theevozero

Actually, I have the LC-1, not sure how much different it is than the one you're referring to, but does not have the same sensor. The answer to your question could have many possible answers. Such as quality of the sensor or maybe the Innovate delays in sending power to the sensor. If the sensor gets hot(engine running) without power going to it, it'll cook it in a matter of seconds. So, who knows. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif Weigh out your options. I personally let my sensor warm up completely before I start the engine. The lc1 has an led that lets you know when the sensor is warm and ready to use.

Dopeem1

From what ive read the lc1 is different from what im looking at. Im looking at the mtx-l which uses the same bosch sensor as aem, but it uses a digital signal istead of an analog signal. This is supposed to make the mtx-l the most accurate and fastest loging wideband available. I been reading for hours and simply because it talks to ecmlink better is why im going with it over a aem uego. That and it comes with loging software and a bung lol.

jnava

Staff member
Quoting Dopeem1:
Again please dont flame my setup. The gsp turbo spools great and turns on HARD. At least for the 1500 miles the car went down for surgery. Was not purchased by my btw, ig was on the car when i got it. I have a authentice mhi e3 16g but it needs rebuilt. Will be getting that done also around mid march along with ecmlink.

Im am looking for feed back on wifebands though, not my turbo.

No flaming, just get it rebuilt. Turbo Lab did a great job on one of my e316g, and I did vote, LC1, twice purchased. Good product, there are other devices that are good. Other devices work with link too.

Dopeem1

First off, sorry for my spelling errors, stupid phone! I plan on going bigger turbo in the future. I just need the gsp turbo to make it till march lol.

My heart is now set on te mtx-l from innovte. I have been reading for hours and it just seems like a MUCH better fit than the uego. Im am in now way bashing aem as i have there wideband in my civic, but the innovate seems more along the lines of what i need for 554.

FlyingEagle

Staff member
Is this car currently driving?

If not, why install the SAFCII and tap into the wiring when Link will be ~60 days down the road, and requires no wire butchering.

Dopeem1

Afc was in the car when i got it. Wiring job was terrible so i went through it all and fixed and soldered it all correctly. My tuner says its rich enough to run e85 and piggy back it until i cant get my link setup.

I currently looking for a link v3 for a decent amount of coin if anyone has one.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned