The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Gauges relocated to the A/c fan holes and such?

Brunoboy

Hi Guys, I was wondering If I could relocate my gauges to the three holes on the center dash for the heater/Fan ect..... and If so, I dont want to lose those controls so is there a way to relocate those too? I think I have seen it done before but Im not sure. I want to be more sleeper, because this 2 pod pillar isnt cracking when I get pulled over atleast 1 every two months.Let me know. Thanks.
-Shane

a member on here sell the 2-3 gauge pods by the radio. i believe its curtis. way easier than moving the a/c panels

BoostedAWD91

there is a way to relocate the a/c and fan controls down where the radio is but u have to use different controls from a different model. There are some people that have done it, not sure exactly what u have to use for it. Should be able to find it if u search for it.

SmoothCustomer

I don't remember who did that but yeah it is curtis who sells those panels, I have one and it is nice but I'm pretty sure you just get the HVAC stuff out of an 8g Galant which goes in a single DIN radio pocket.

Brunoboy

do you have pics above the above said HVAC????

Brunoboy

Thanks, I know I have seen someone here do it, and I want to set it up like the 3000gt Vr4 with three gauges on the dash. So yha........aha

Brunoboy

lol nevermind after reading all that, its not worth it to me, I dont want to have to trace wires and such. Maybe the din will be better ahaha

boostedinaz

User name Curtis.

He made me a very nice plate that holds two gauges, has the VR4 logo, and a datalogger port in it. Super nice piece.

curtis

^ My fan club.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif Thanks guys

I've got some for sale on ebay that are two holes with logo, I cut the curved ends for the 3000 guys and there not selling to them so I marked them down to let them go. They fit in the Galant's and the radius can't be seen.

I can also do just about whatever with these and already have I'm sure, only thing I haven't done is made one for me. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif
1 holes
2 holes
3 holes
just a logo
the econo/pwr switches from the automatic TEL's
1/4 din boost controllers etc with one gauge
2 gauges with serial port and logo
I've even done usb jacks and Steve got a carbon fiber one that the logo was picture framed in. I tried cutting the fiber but unless I poured it myself with about .5 mm thick resin i wouldn't try it again. The fiber just exploded when trying to engrave.

Brunoboy

exactly how I found you, How does mine look anyhows??? =] so excited!!! ahaha

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned