The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

megan racing gauges

chrisb33

hi guys,

my defi link controller got flooded during the typhoon. i think it's cheaper for me to buy a new set of stand alone gauges than to buy a defi link controller again. this is simply because all i have right now is the defi boost gauge. i plan to buy an oil temp and oil pressure gauge sometime in the future but the defi's cost soo much.

i was looking for alternatives and found megan racing gauges in extreme psi. $50 for each gauge. i think that's pretty cheap!

anyone ever had any experience with megan racing gauges? tried to use the search function but only found on glowshift gauges.

thanks in advance.

chris b

324vr4

I have a water temp gauge and am looking to get one of their EGT ones as well...you will NOT be disappointed...unless you compare them to the Delfi ones...they are great and the lighting schemes they offer are prefect for all occasions...they have great reviews too so I say go for it!

ApexHunter

If you are after accuracy and reliability, Defi will be hard to beat. The price however won't. I understand your position of not wanting to spend the huge money. If you do end up going with the Megan's, it would be cool for you to review them, (maybe now, and again in 5 years?) seeing as how you have had a Defi gauge. Honestly i'm not that worried about the performance of the Megan gauge. I just wouldn't be surprised if the Defi is more durable and reliable. They are made by Nippon Seiki, who is the OEM for major japanese automakers, and they have been around a long time.

4Grim

Have you looked into Prosport gauges? I love my gauges and have been accurate for me so far and for the price you can't beat them.

Many Evo,Supra,3KGT, etc etc guys love them.

324vr4

Also a valid compromise...however, I believe Megan has the better price...nonetheless...both seem to be "similar" in appearance to Delfi....

chrisb33

i all agree with the defi. they're top notch. but honestly, i really dont think i would want to buy another set of defi gauges and controller that would set me back $550 for the link, and two more gauges (oil temp and oil pressure) as against $150 for turbo, oil temp, and oil pressure of megan racing.

at extreme psi $50 per gauge is a very hard price to beat. the savings id get can be spent for some forged pistons or rods.

even if i can salvage the link controller, i think i'd sell it to buy those megan racing gauges and then some /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

chrisb33

Quoting ApexHunter:
If you are after accuracy and reliability, Defi will be hard to beat. The price however won't. I understand your position of not wanting to spend the huge money. If you do end up going with the Megan's, it would be cool for you to review them, (maybe now, and again in 5 years?) seeing as how you have had a Defi gauge. Honestly i'm not that worried about the performance of the Megan gauge. I just wouldn't be surprised if the Defi is more durable and reliable. They are made by Nippon Seiki, who is the OEM for major japanese automakers, and they have been around a long time.

will post my review once i get my hands on them megan racing gauges. the only advantage i see with the link gauge is the peak, alarm, and replay function which i really seldom use anyway.

i would guess that once i get hold of the megan gauges, id be happy with it considering it's price. but we shall see.

chrisb33

Quoting 4Grim:
Have you looked into Prosport gauges? I love my gauges and have been accurate for me so far and for the price you can't beat them.

dude! thanks for the head's up! yeah they're cheaper than the megan's also.

which series did you get?

Brianawd

The megan racing gauges look nice. I with there boost gauge read higher than 30psi

chrisb33

the prosport gauges also have the same features such as the "dim when off" and have boost gauges from 30 psi and above!

chris b

chrisb33

well im kinda happy and disappointed at the same time. happy because my buddy was able to get my defi link work! sad because i have to postpone buying either those megan or prosport gauges.

o well. i'll try to sell my defi system here locally, if someone gets it then i'm sure to get either of the two mentioned above.

chris b

324vr4

You're sad because your badass Delfi system is working?! C'mon...use that and save yourself some money...unless your Delfi gauges are messed up...then yeah, that blows...figure it out and get what you need working! BANZAI!!!

chrisb33

hehehe sad because now im forced to buy more expensive oil temp and oil pressure gauges. i only have the boost gauge and link controller II right now. the oil temp and oil pressure gauge will set me back around $530. with the prosport or megan racing gauges...boost, oil temp, and oil pressure gauges just costs around $150 total. see where im coming from now? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

324vr4

Well, making money after buying new gauges seems like a better idea for sure /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif I understand your dilemma more clearly now...Good luck on a quick sale!

4Grim

Quoting chrisb33:
Quoting 4Grim:

dude! thanks for the head's up! yeah they're cheaper than the megan's also.

which series did you get?

On my GVR4 I have Premium Boost with peak memory and Oil pressure. The oil temp/fuel pressure/ and water temp are the blue series. All have the opening and ending ceremony display and full sweep. THe premium series also have the built in "warning" tone for whatever you set it at.

Here is my thread I started awhile ago after I installed them in #1948
Prosport gauge install

Last edited:

turbowop

Personally, I would stick with the Defi link system if I already had it and just wanted to add a gauge or two. I love my system in 1051. The record feature is probably the handiest, especially for logging boost. Peak/hold only shows you what boost spikes to, not what it constantly runs during a WOT pull. As fast as my car is, I don't like trying to watch my boost gauge instead of the road when I'm out tuning.

I have Prosports in 503. They're cheap, but they work fine.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned