The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Penelope Cruz Lookin Galant vr4's!!!

pot

Staff member
One of my cousins in Bangkok deals in used Japanese/euro sports cars and anything gvr4 or AMG related is next to impossible to find. While the galant is extremely well known amongst the new and older generation it's considered a dinosaur. This past summer, I took a trip to Bangna (District w/in Bangkok) which is regarded as the place to go for hardcore JDM parts, sorta like the gem district of NYC and man I'll be damned if the only thing I could find was countless parts from the EVO 0 - 3.

There is a gvr4 fan club there but I suspect it's those rat bastards within the club that are soaking up the market.

turbowop

Quoting Pot:
While the galant is extremely well known amongst the new and older generation it's considered a dinosaur.

This is exactly the reason I love this car. I love having something unique at a car show. What do you see at Mitsu/Subaru meets? Tons of Evos and WRX's and maybe one GVR4.

Tre3zy

^ im with you in that one....

I will gladly take some of those options lol

Quoting Alpha Male:
Quoting Red_Bird:

I tell you what though, them Thai fellas across the pond know how to sport a sexy Galant.
image058af.jpg

That thing is WAY WAY WAY too optioned out in my opinion.

^^ Even though I posted it, I do agree I am not a fan of all the wind deflectors. However, I'm loving thoe AVS type 5 wheels on the car. A bronze set of those on a BG car would look amazing.

I think the flares would look better if they where a little more subtle and more square but with smooth edges still, gvr4's have curves but only at the edges of
a square line.

I'd like to see that silver amg up close

BrandonEchols

Quoting Ga_Sumo:
I think the flares would look better if they where a little more subtle and more square but with smooth edges still, gvr4's have curves but only at the edges of
a square line.

I'd like to see that silver amg up close

Agree.
Subtle flare that's more squared wouldn't be too bad.

slugsgomoo

Quoting Alpha Male:
Quoting Red_Bird:

I tell you what though, them Thai fellas across the pond know how to sport a sexy Galant.
image058af.jpg

That thing is WAY WAY WAY too optioned out in my opinion.

Agreed, the wind deflectors are awful, don't care for the crap sticking out of the front fenders (are those indicators or something?) the wavy front lip is pretty meh, and I hate people that turn the HIGH BEAMS yellow. durrr, that'll help you when it's foggy. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hsught.gif

H05TYL

They aren't signal indicators, just marker lights so you know where the front of the car is (incase you forget?)

Also that galant looks quite fussy/too much going on.

Sorry to say but THIS is the best looking gvr4 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Get rid of the wind deflectors (idk why everyone insists on those ugly things) and put a flat black version of the usdm chrome grille and shed be perfect /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif

jogalant

If were to put flares on mine it would be along these lines, maybe a little less flare.

SleepinGVR4

Quoting H05TYL:
They aren't signal indicators, just marker lights so you know where the front of the car is (incase you forget?)

Also that galant looks quite fussy/too much going on.

I stand corrected

turbowop

Quoting MrP:
Sorry to say but THIS is the best looking gvr4 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Get rid of the wind deflectors (idk why everyone insists on those ugly things) and put a flat black version of the usdm chrome grille and shed be perfect /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif

The car looks good and has a great stance, but that black roof/a-pillar/c-pillar is not fitting, IMO.

DR1665

I can play the subjective game too.

Sorry. Evo8ya wins this one.

Black on black on black. Just look at it sitting there with those thick-ass meats as a bloated Dust Buster weeps in the background. This Galant means f***ing binnis.

And then there's this character. Garfield knows what's up. He knows some scraggly-ass telephone pole might break up the otherwise classic 3/4 view shot for lesser Galants, but his car doesn't need to be photographed in front of more scenic vistas. Hell. His car doesn't even need to be in a parking spot. This Galant is f***ing gangster.

The brilliance of form following function will always reveal the dingy stank of hellaflush clowncar anonymity found on Google Images.

Thread = over.

Actually the black on white is what made me like the car...reminded me of my explorer;

Photo_057672E9-5D2C-EE5F-4058-1C60959EAC56.jpg

I actually really like the look of the black roof on cars

Tre3zy

^ /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned