The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Will these work for Galant VR4's?

GSX_TC

Ok so I'm trying to figure out which adjustable control arm will bolt up to our VR4's. I'm trying to get rid of the crazy ass camber I got going on in the rear. I have a 5 lug conversion with a 4 bolt rear if that's any consolation

1. These, saying only for 1g Awd DSM's
click

2. Or these saying for 3000gt vr4's?
click

The guy that works there say people use both. That's why I'm bringing this question to the forum, which one of these will bolt up to a galant VR4? I would like to hear alot of peoples input on this.

Thanks
Mike

Last edited:

cheekychimp

And given my experience with the 3000GT rear end swap, I know the 3000GT arms are near enough identical so I would say the guy that said people use both is dead on.

asmo

Here's a post how to make them with afco parts cheaper.
click

donkeylips

The stock part is identical between the 1g AWD and gvr4.

jmorri15

personally i have the 3kgt ones, the dsm ones are new

BPU925

Quoting asmo:
click

thanks for the link asmo

GSX_TC

Looks like more are saying the DSM ones. I guess I'll go with those then. Thanks guys

cheekychimp

Quoting asmo:
click

I'm sure these are okay for the average daily driver but AFCO arms have been shown to be rather weak and don't stand up to much abuse. Be careful if you use your car for any sort of motorsport (especially rally) or drive very aggressively.

Last edited:

prestonztt

I have the ones from 3SX that are suppose to be for the 3000gt and they work just fine. I believe they are the cheapest out of the bunch aswell.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned