The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

odd thing happend today

tektic

So I was driving in traffic and lost my clutch pedal on the grand central, right in front of LaGuardia airport. Awful spot aweful dealing. Well pulled over and took a peek under the dash and found it was just the pin that piped out of the master cylinder. So I'm like great, easy fix. I try to pop it back in and I can't get it back in without pushing the pedal down. I get it all assembled and all of a sudden the pedal is a half inch from the top stop... So at this point I adjust it back to the top of its throw. Start the car up and go on my way. Ok so here's the thing. The clutch now disingauges completely 3" above the floor. Where as before the besti coud get it was to disengage at the floor.
I didn't checkto see if I could push in the slave because it was raining and this was a side of the highway repair but there is still a slight amount of play at the top so it seems like the fluid should be able to return to the reservoir, right?

So where did this 3" miraculously come from?

prove_it

Quoting tektic:

So where did this 3" miraculously come from?

That's what she said.....

prove_it

Had to...

My first question would be: Why did the pin fall out? I think that was the result of another issue. How old is the master? Could be the master failing.

tektic

It looks like I never put the coter pin in and it just worked its way out. Fluid level is unchanged.

thomcasey

Is the coupler that the pin goes through still straight? the 3g Colts have a pin without cotter pin. I had mine work free one time and it bent the coupler before it fell out. I had to straighten the coupler and then drilled a hole in the pin so I could put a cotter pin in it.

biglady112

I have owned 4 manual transmission C53a's and everyone of them took a cotter pin and washer Tom. I have two others currently at my house that belong to friends and they both have pins as well.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned