The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

3000gt 11/16" slave cylinder

ade

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif dont make me sound like the crazy wifey. i pulled my trans during a blizzard because i never suspected the pedals were at fault. you are trying a 3kgt slave because you don't suspect the pedals are at fault.

these were your words all day yesterday... the clutch fork looks off, i think the master is blown, a longer slave rod is needed, its leaking at the banjo on previous slave, just gotta adjust some more.

DUDE! remain calm & listen to me

you are right there is no evidence of movement in your pedal, i never said there was. I can't just tell you where to reweld it. We could look at mine for reference, infact ill take and send measurements to you tonight. i know we might have to weld it closer to the firewall for that last quarter to half inch of throw needed to disengage the clutch. just not sure how much.

John, if i could be right just once about anything galant related, this would be it. i'm $600 sure of it.

GSTwithPSI

I see what ade is saying now. If your pedal was welded in the wrong position, you will never be able to correct your issue. You may have a solid pedal, but if it is off just a little bit, you will be experiencing the issues you're describing. How confident are you that the pedal assembly was welded correctly?

GSTwithPSI

Look man, I'm not siding with anyone. I'm just saying ade has a valid point about the clutch pedal. If it was welded in the wrong position, nothing you do to the system will ever fix it. I think he is just trying to help out.

If you're confident the pedal is good to go, then cool. Who welded it? And, are you confident it's good?

ade

You are right, i should have started a different thread for my topic. I apologize for the thread jack.

tektic

"I was thinking about this last night and started to wonder about finding a larger bore master cylinder instead. It would basically give the same throw but allow it in a smaller pedal movement. Do all the galants have the same bore? What about Eclipses in all years?"

As far as I can tell domestic cars and trucks have a 3/4" bore master. Some Monteros also have a 3/4" master however the bolt pastern seems different.

I'd real like to make an adapter plate to use a Wilwood or tilden 3/4". It might actually fit if you just clock it and use a remote reservoir. Iwill measure when I get home on Wednesday.

Follow up on salve swap:
Everything is working correctly still BUT the engagement point is against the floor. I can't adjust it any higher without blocking out the valve in the master. I could probably use a 2mm-3mm longer slave rod as there is room for it without preloading the system. That may be all I need. Still never bench blead my master I don't know if that could still be an issue or not.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned