The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Slave cylinder rod ???

prove_it

If we did every little thing right, and fixed every single perfectly the fact is no one would ever get to drive their car. Everyone would be jackstand ballin. We don't have hondas, so sometimes it's better to compromise. I'm sure the next time kenny takes his trans out he'll fix it right, but he'd rather use a fix that does work for a while just so he can drive his car. IMO anyway.

Kenny_Kline

I am actually debating on droopping the transmission because I hear a little noice coming from inside the transmission (I think) and want to check it out. TOB is brand new OEM but I have been down that path before with brand new OEM parts not working right **cough** knock sensor **cough**

Thanks for all the info guys. I will update this thread when I figure it out.

boostedinaz

Quoting prove_it:
If we did every little thing right, and fixed every single perfectly the fact is no one would ever get to drive their car. Everyone would be jackstand ballin. We don't have hondas, so sometimes it's better to compromise. I'm sure the next time kenny takes his trans out he'll fix it right, but he'd rather use a fix that does work for a while just so he can drive his car. IMO anyway.

Sigh. I guess man.

conquesttsi

I'd like to reinforce this from my recent clutch job.

I purchased a used act extreme pressure plate and street disc. Low miles from a member here.

I purchased a brand new Fidanza flywheel from the factory.

From Mitsu I purchased a brand new tob, clip, pivot ball, and fork.

I have a new clutch master less than a year ago and has no leaks, slave is older but has no leaks.

I noticed that the new equipment does not sit as high as the old equipment, I think its because the oem flywheel is rediculously thick.

I read alot about shimming with an aftermarket setup but I also noticed people on here did not support that theory.

I ended up shimming with only one washer vs the reccomended 2. I was able to get my car to disengauge bairly but I could drive it. Slight grind in first and reverse. Went with the extended rod, problem solved. Hope this helps others.

prove_it

Like I said kenny, every car is different. There is almost no perfect fix for every car. I'm glad you tried it. If it didn't work, no one would sell the part. Even more glad you got it shifting right and working great. You did pull the resrictor out right?

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned