The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

New build for 439/1000

Brianawd

Sweet ride Brian! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif Look forward to hearing how good it runs and some new time slips! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Brianawd

Well the car goes in the first week of May for the 6point. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Sorry I didn't get back to you on the price of the 6pt. The tubing is bigger then what I use for 10pts so I don't have that size die and I never even deal with MS everything I do chromoly. Hope it turns out good. What are they charging you for it?

Brianawd

Quote:
What are they charging you for it?

$800 for every thing

Good to hear you got all set up. I might actually be doing a 6pt 4130 cage on a supra at the beginning of next month and his labor is more then just that, not including materials on top or the extra charge for me having to buy a new die for the larger dia tubing.

Brianawd

deja vu! I know I have see this pic some place before or maybe it was a pic that looks a lot like this one /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hsugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

So I will be dropping my block off this week. Man it feels like I have typed this before. More pics to come

Brianawd

Well got the crank in and torqued up. A few weeks ago. When I went to do the pistons and rods one of the Groden rods had the threads pull right out of it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif. I was pissed /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif. Called groden and was told to kick rocks or my a new set for $575 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif. No thanks you can keep you crap. So I thought I was going to have to wait a few months tell I had money to buy a new set of R&R or GRP rods. Well a day after the groden crap, Jesse (revolutionmotorsport)texted me and gave me a deal on a set of GRP rods I could not pass up /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/worthy.gif. If it was not for him the car would not be back up and running tell late springs. So a big thanks to Jesse. With his help I will get my 10s pass on the 3052 next year. So now I just need to drop the head off to have it decked. All the rest of my gaskets should be here this coming week. So hoping next weekend I can drop the motor in the car.

Jesse@revolutionmotorsports is the sh*t man. He allways comes through and has killer deals. Any pics of the grp rods? Here come those ten's /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Brianawd

Well the motor is all back together, other than the intake manifold. My new one will be here tomorrow. So after work I will put the manifold on finish putting on the coolant lines. Then add oil and prime the pump. Once that is done I will throw the timing belt on and she should be ready to drop in.

Brianawd

Well motor #2 is now ready to go in. Just waiting on the timing belt covers. Going to drop it in on Friday night and get every thing hooked up. Then on Saturday I will toss the trans in and all the little stuff. Then it will be time to fire it up and go do some brake in miles before putting it away for the winter /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bawling.gif

381gvr4

Sweet Brian, looks great!! I may have missed it but what was the reason for this rebuild???? Look forward to seeing your NPB....

Brianawd

Quote:
Sweet Brian, looks great!! I may have missed it but what was the reason for this rebuild???? Look forward to seeing your NPB....

Long story short it over heated bad and cracked a piston and cooked the rings. It also turned the head into scrap.

Brianawd

Quote:
You don't put the trans and engine in at the same time? that sucks!

I have done it that way before and I don't like it. I like being able to put the engine in getting every thing all hooked up then toss the trans on.

turbowop

I don't remember what that intake looks like from the side. Are the runners curved or do they just angle upwards to keep the plenum up high like that?

Brianawd

Quote:
I don't remember what that intake looks like from the side. Are the runners curved or do they just angle upwards to keep the plenum up high like that?

angle upwards to keep the plenum up high like that

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts