The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

New build for 439/1000

4thStroke

I was just talking to Jeff B. over at English about your car the other day. He had a lot of good things to say about it and told me about how you bitch slapped his red /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif... for a while anyways.

Ive made up my mind, my next turbo is going to be the 3052.

cheekychimp

Quoting Brianawd:
Man is the car fun /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif. That new manifold made a world of difference. The car just feels way more responsive and torque. Boost feels like it comes on 200-300rpm faster than last year(need to log it and see). Just cruising around in 3rd at 3k if I tap the gas the boost gauge jumps to 10-12psi instantly /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif. I don't know why they ever stopped making that manifold /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bawling.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif.

What manifold is that by the way then Brian?

Brianawd

Quote:
What manifold is that by the way then Brian?

Its a old Extreme motorsports. AKA Hogan's racing manifold

click

They make really really nice sh*t

Looks good! I got 1439 from Extreme and it had a bunch of their old school stuff on it. Still has the 3in dp with the OG flex in it. They were going 8's on that manifold like a million years ago.

Brianawd

Well drove the car to work today to I could steam clean the engine bay.

Last edited:

CarRacer

Do you notice any issues leaving the adjusters for the Ksports in? What are your's set at? I have mine all the way soft right now, and I think it's actually too soft for normal driving.

Car is looking great, good luck this season.

Brianawd

Quote:
Do you notice any issues leaving the adjusters for the Ksports in? What are your's set at? I have mine all the way soft right now, and I think it's actually too soft for normal driving.

I think mine are set to soft. Maybe just a little bit more than soft

Brianawd

Looks like 2nd gear died. Sounds like I may have chipped a tooth. I think I got lucky and all I am going to have to do is put in a new 2nd gear. I was just cruising around when 2nd gear started making a funky sound. So I limped the car home in 1st and 3rd. I will cross my fingers that its easy.

Brianawd

Quote:
Does this mean no HRR for you this weekend?

No HRR this weekend for the car. After talking to Lucas most of the time when you f*** up 2nd it fucks up a bunch of other stuff. But because I was not doing to pull when the tooth broke all should be good.

4thStroke

I guess like anything else there needs to be a balance. One VR4 hits the road and another goes back up on jack stands. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

turbowop

That's weird that it busted while you were just cruising. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

I think I might bring 1051 down to Hood River on Saturday. Just meet everybody there to haz lunch. If the weather is shitty, I'll bring 503. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Brianawd

Quote:
That's weird that it busted while you were just cruising.

I was thinking the same thing. I'm happy is did it when it did. Lucas said that if I would have been doing a pull it would have stripped all the teeth off and then f*** up a lot of other sh*t.

Brianawd

Happy to say that the tranny is now at English Racing getting a new 2nd gear along with evo3 3/4 gears,hub slider and a new intermediate shaft. Hope to have it back in the car buy this weekend if all the parts come in.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned