The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

New build for 439/1000

Brianawd

Quote:
Hey Brian if I am rememberring correctly,didn't you HTA your 3052?

Not yet. I would like to get the car up and running. Plus I want to see what the car will do with the 3052 on the dyno. Then later this summer upgrade to the HTA and see what it does on the dyno

Brianawd

Well the motor is in the car and every thing is hooked up. Now I just need to put the trans back in and finish up some little stuff. Oh and I still need to finish my intercooler pipes. So car should be running this weekend /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

belize1334

Hey Brian. Could I possibly come on a small ride-along with you in that thing? I'm particularly interested in getting some in-car experience with those KSports.

Brianawd

Quote:
Hey Brian. Could I possibly come on a small ride-along with you in that thing? I'm particularly interested in getting some in-car experience with those KSports.

Sure. Once I get the car running I will take you for a ride. Just remember I went 502F/451R so my car is just a little bit stiffer than the normal spring rates that come with the ksports.

belize1334

Looking at the KSport website they list them as standard 9 kg/cm front and 7 kg/cm rear. That corresponds, by my math, to 502 lb/in front and 393 lb/in rear...so yeah, slightly softer. But if yours is tolerable then I could be sold on a set.

Where did you get your custom spring rates? There seem to be lots of vendors selling kits in the ~$900 range but none of them responded to my emails about custom rates.

charmcity

Man that looks sooooo good im going to be putting a motor together and your giving me the insperation to do it my self man that looks great.I hope the wife lets me do it in the kitchen.

Brianawd

Well the f***er runs. Took me a little bit to get it running right. For some reason my #1 injector was not working. So after dinner I started tapping on it with a 3/8 extension and my dead blow hammer. A few good taps and it started working. So tomorrow I will go out for the first drive. I Would do it tonight but I need a new battery in it. So happy that its back up and running /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

belize1334

Awesome man, can't wait to see it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif

Brianawd

10miles and counting. I am so f***ing happy right now. Car is so responsive with the ross 9.0:1 and groden alum rods. Can't wait tell I have a few thousand miles on it so I can crank the boost back up.

strokin4dr

Awesome build! I can't wait to see what it will do at the track this year. Post some pics of that beauty in the car.

Brianawd

Here is the only pic I have. Its from some gay cam that my girlfriend has.

Car feels really good. With only 15psi boost and 3/4 throttle, all for tires brake loose in 1st and 2nd. I can't wait for 30psi /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Brianawd

Well just changed the oil for the first time. I drained it into a clean drain pan. I then screened it through a really fine filter to see if I could see any thing. All was good. Now I just need to go and cut open my oil filter and look at that.

turbowop

METAL!
RockOnNigger.gif

Brianawd

Quote:
The first time you change the oil after a new build is it common to find metal shavings?

On a brand new motor right out of the factory, yes. You always find sh*t in the pan. On a rebuilt motor. No, like Digit said. I just check it just to be safe. If for some reason you do have sh*t in your oil, it tells you that there is something wrong and you can fix it right away, before it does any more damage

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts