The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

New build for 439/1000

Brianawd

Well got to pick it all up today /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif Just need to hand lap the valves and put the head together. So if all goes the way it should the car should be running in the next few weeks.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jawdrop.gif Beautiful engine parts Brian! Thanks for posting the machine shop info.

charmcity

Damn it, Im getting ready to get a forged boot end but your set looks out of this world. I was going to get weisco/eagle combo but ddddddaaaaaaammmmmmmmmnnnnnn.

Luke

Wow, aluminium rods ? Not daily, I presume ? Nice build up, btw. Good luck and keep us posted!

Brianawd

Quote:
doing any o-ring to the block or head?

I was going to o-ring the block but changed my mind on that. I will just be running a Felpro MLS with standard ARP's. I was going to run L19 but could not get any in time. I should be fine. both the block and head have new surfaces.

Quote:
I was going to run L19 but could not get any in time.

You were looking in the wrong places. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif I just sold my last set in stock on thursday. Can't wait to see what your car does when it's all back together and hits the 1320.

Last edited by a moderator:

Brianawd

A word to the wise. Don't file your ring end gaps on very little sleep. I got all my 2nd rings filed then found out that the .022 and .021 feeler was stuck together/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif and I did not even notice it because I was so tired. Oh well, its just rings. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hsugh.gif

belize1334

So you filed them at 0.043? Ouch. But hey, it's within an order of magnitude...

Brianawd

Quote:
So you filed them at 0.043? Ouch. But hey, it's within an order of magnitude...

Yep. I even was looking at them in the bores and was thinking that they looked huge. But I was just thinking it was me. I feel like a f***ing retard. Still not as bad as my f*** up last year when I still had bead blast in the intake manifold and it got sucked into the motor. I guess we live and learn.

Brianawd

Well got the crank in and all the new rings filed. I set the top gaps to .018 and the bottom gaps to .023. So to night I will drop the rods and pistons in and make sure they all plastagauge out. If all goes well I will post up some pics of the bottom end all put together. Hoping to have the motor in the next weekend and running.

onesickcrx

Not to cut into your post but whats L19? nice build also /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif

Brianawd

Quote:
Not to cut into your post but whats L19? nice build also

L19s are arp's strongest head studs for our cars.

IncorpoRatedX

So you didnt confirm... this isnt a daily driver right?

004tsi

I'll post for him.... No its not It hides in a garage most the time /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hsugh.gif

Brianawd

Quote:
So you didnt confirm... this isnt a daily driver right?

Sorry did not see your post. No its not my DD and yes it does hide in my garage. It get driven all spring and summer 3-4 days a week. Some times less.

Brianawd

So bottom end is all done. Ever thing came out perfect.

Now all I have to do is get the head put together. Then slap it down and put all the little stuff back on this week and it should be ready by next weekend /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned