The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

New build for 439/1000

Brianawd

Well got the valves and valve springs on the head. Put the arp's in the block. Tossed the head gasket and head on and torqued it all down.

Do you need to use longer studs with a girdle installed. It has to be about 1/4 inch thick right?

Brianawd

Quote:
What valve springs did you use?

Manley springs and retainers.

Quote:
Do you need to use longer studs with a girdle installed. It has to be about 1/4 inch thick right?

No you use the same ones. When you set the studs in you make sure there is 15mm or thread above the girdle.

click

Brianawd

Well I am still waiting for some little parts, So I said f*** it and wrapped and coated the DNP manifold I picked up. I thought the coating would be more Bronze but it turned out more copper. Oh well

cOmpressor

Looks like a new penny but faster lol. Build looks great, are you changing anything else about your overall setup? BTW you doing this work in your kitchen?

Last edited:

Brianawd

Quote:
Looks like a new penny but faster lol. Build looks great, are you changing anything else about your overall setup? BTW you doing this work in your kitchen?

Overall set up is staying the same,other than what I did to the motor and adding the DNP. Later down the road I will be going to a shearer manifold,garret tubine housing and a smim. No I am not building my motor in my kitchen. I am building it in my dinning room. My garage is just to small with the car,washer&dryer,freezer,hot water heater and the furnaces. Dinning room is all I had

yeah buddy a man building his mota in the dinning room
i bring my harley in the house every winter and disassemble polish the ba jeeberz out of it
thats a nice motor you have

Brianawd

Quote:
yeah buddy a man building his mota in the dinning room
i bring my harley in the house every winter and disassemble polish the ba jeeberz out of it
thats a nice motor you have

After reading some of your posts, I think this may help you
click
click

Last edited:

JB

^ /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

Looks sweet Brian. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif

boostedinaz

Quoting Brianawd:

After reading some of your posts, I think this may help you
click
click

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

Last edited:

cOmpressor

Above links say "free shipping" ... what's up on a group buy /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

Brianawd

Well got almost every thing done. Just need to pick up some hose, Then I can put some oil in the motor and prime the oil pump. Once that is done I can put the timing belt on and drop the motor in the car.
Oh I painted my valve cover with the VHT wrinkle coat. Did not turn out so bad.

belize1334

I think if it were me I'd sand the lettering to make it brushed aluminum lettering over red wrinkle backing. Either way, though, it looks great.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/worthy.gif Nice work Brian, it looks great. +1 on the lettering FWIW.

Brianawd

ITS DONE.
Now I just need to drop it in the car

KGVR4

SiQQQQQQ Brian.

NICE!!!!! Hope you get into the 10's this year with the mighty 3052 and E85.

Hey Brian if I am rememberring correctly,didn't you HTA your 3052?

steve

Quoting KGVR4:
SiQQQQQQ Brian.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned