The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

My Free Galant 705/2000

dsm10o0

Hey, I got 705 about 3 or so weeks ago for free from a friend of mine with 2 other gvr4s. I have been wanting one of these ever since I was 16, (now 19) when I first got into DSMs.

Body is in good condition except for the front fenders and bumper. Paint is faded really bad and I'll be repainting it soon. Not sure what color to paint it yet. Interior is in good shape. All seats except the back rest are all mint codition. Has 145k miles on it. Still pretty young. No rust and pretty much all stock.

This car needed some work done to it but I got it running now.

Here's some pics.

When I first got it.
photo.jpg

Engine bay.
photo-1.jpg

On jackstands.
photo-2.jpg

4ws delete/5 lug conversion. Still on 3 bolt rear tho.
photo-6.jpg

Temp wheels.
photo-8.jpg

the parts car. Can't test drive the car till this car is out /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif anyone want a free awd
shell?
photo-4.jpg

Brunoboy

about time Nico aha, and I will be at your place in two weeks for the dog, Cool? Please hold him ahaha. I will deff be taking him.
-Shane

IncorpoRatedX

Welcome to our world.

Good start on the car, the 3 bolt is fine if you're just building a street car. Looks like you've been around DSM's for a little while. Just remember, this isnt a DSM; don't cut corners, dont do ricer sh*t and don't make Galant's look bad or the GVR4.org mafia will hunt you down.

broxma

It's a Belize Green Free Car Giveaway up in this piece.

click

Interestingly similar situation here. 379 is now down in the gallery as well with a few more mods to it since the gallery pics were posted.

Good luck with the restore.

/brox

OZRally

Welcome and congratulations with the new GVR4! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif

nevermind..make it slowly,but high quality....welcome.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

dsm10o0

Thanks for the welcome.

Shane, Dont worry, the puppy will still bee here when your ready to pick him up. lol

My main goal for this car is to have it running fully reliable with some bolt ons. Will be my family car/fun car. No worries, This car is in good hands. No rice will be done to it. Will be looking to run low 13's high 12's in a big 16g set up with all bolt on parts.

dsm10o0

I know I could get in the 12s with a 14b but takes a little more work. 16g would be nice for a daily driver.

The car came with these and now installed. Never had agx's, how do you set the front shocks? The rears are pretty easy.

Last edited:

Brunoboy

Adjust with a small screw driver on top of the strut

Tre3zy

are those lowering springs on those shocks? or stock?

dsm10o0

They are stock springs.

Last edited:

Tre3zy

nice.... when you put those sportlines make sure that you have enough shock travel.... agx dont really like being lowered.... also make sure you put some bump stops on the shocks just in case it hits the top plate.... i blew my agx cus of not putting bumpstops and it kept bottoming out....

Brunoboy

yea mine bottom out as well. Hey Nico, Let me pick up the exhaust sometime this week, aight?

dsm10o0

Aight, just let me know when. The 1g or the stock vr4?

dsm10o0

Out with the old 14b
photo-57.jpg

16g is in. Ported 7cm housing, ported 2g manifold and o2 dump
photo-58.jpg

dsm10o0

Some updates on 705.

Put the lowering springs on the car. Looks good, also put in a set of 98 talon wheels I got from a member on here.
photo-60.jpg

photo-61.jpg

this is what it looks when it went in.
photo-62.jpg

photo-63.jpg

the car is back in the back yard again. Now I'm doing a full repaint and removing the dings and dents. Don't know what to color it yet buts it's going to be 2 tone for sure.

This is what the car looks like after today.
photo-64.jpg

photo-65.jpg

Diego

Nice work, always an awesome feeling to bring a car back from the dead and make it better. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned