The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

my galant is naked!

Nate

you mean this car?

It is getting pretty old at this point, but I still like it. ;-)

Go for the dark cherry... go for the dark cherry.... :)

Nijasan

I really, really like BMW's "Indianapolis Red Metallic" that is found on the new M5s.

cosy.jpg

broke down

I didn't know Nate was still around, or that he still had that car. Nice to see. I guess now I will have to go with that dark silver metallic, if I'm going to be different. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif Thanks for the input guys.

KT

I vote for the WRX metallic black.

381gvr4

Quoting kt:
I vote for the WRX metallic black.

good thought.... had a friend paint his del sol wrx black and it looked sick. I'm a traditional person and would choose hotter version of original colors offered- IMO.

sixsixtwo

Don't mean to change the topic, but I'm just wondering a ballpark figure for how much the media-blasting is going to cost you (if you don't mind me asking). My car is a Minnesota car, and that's not to say that it's rusted out, but I plan on completely tearing it down eventually because I want my car done right, down to every bolt.

A coppery color, similar to that on the Volvo V70R or Nissan 350Z, would be nice, but metallic blue would be sick.

broke down

I have been quoted prices on the media blasting for somewhere around 500 dollars. Both were from Indianapolis companies. I thought that was really cheap the first quote I received, but then got close to the same number from the second. They both said about 150 dollars per hour, and estimated around three hours, plus maybe a little prep work, like removing the suspension/subframe. I have to leave that stuff on to dolly it down there. Keep in mind, soda/plastic bead blasting doesn't remove rust that is heavier than surface rust. Those places will need to be sand blasted.

sixsixtwo

Sweet! Make sure to keep us posted, I'm excited to see the whole build process.

Spyke169

my vote would be for a color like Mercedes Pewter Metallic

Flip4G63

props for saving one!!!

rust is an ugly bitch! creeps up on ya then fucks you while your sleeping. I'm glad i dont have to worrie about this.

broke down

updated photos. Doesn't look like I've done much, but, the rust around the windshield is now repaired. I put a lot of work into that. Now it's up in the sky, mostly to get to the rockers, and a little bit of the underbody. Rotisserie ftw. Oh, does anybody know of a place that makes aftermarket repair panels for vr-4's? Rock Auto lists fenders, I was kind of hoping to get new rockers, maybe just piece in the rusty areas. Or if anybody had a chassis that is rust free in these areas, that they would be willing to hack up for me? Enjoy.

pachood_1953

Very nice!

Im hoping I dont run into a nightmare when I tear into mine this winter..

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned