The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

my galant is naked!

fivestardsm

Just let me know when you want me to come haul it away for you Kenneth.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

broke down

If you have a harbor freight near you, the ram jacks are about 40 bucks each. They aren't the greatest ever made, but they work fine for this application.

14u2nV

Yup, already got those scoped. Mine's gonna be a little more heavy duty than yours, but basically the same design. I've got a galant body I want to strip down, and my Monte body.

broke down

if I were going to do it over, I would have made it a little stronger, but it works the way it is. Here are some updated pics on the beginning of the stitch welds.

broke down

Alright, some new pics and updates. I borrowed a plasma cutter yesterday and finally cut the rockers off. What a mess. The exterior panels were actually in much better condition than the unseen reinforcement panels under the rockers. I also have pretty much finished up the stitch welding that I planned on doing. I think that since Mitsu doesn't offer replacement rocker or reinforcement panels any longer, and since the r.p.'s are in such bad shape, I'm going to cut them out, and use boxed steel tubing in thier place, then cover them over with newly fabbed rockers. My belief is that the box steel will be vastly stronger than the r.p.'s, and won't really weigh that much. I will be able to weld them to the front and rear wheel arch metal and to the rockers/door sill panels. Hope you like the photo's and progress, also, if anyone has experience with replacing the reinforcement panels with something else, please chime in, as this is the only solution that I have been able to come up with.

Last edited:

frank1

WOW alot of $$$

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned