The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Lifting the e39a vr4

MellowVR4

Wondering if this has been done by anyone? I know this can be done to the early subaru's by putting the foresters springs and struts to lift it 4". Wondering if maybe the struts and springs from a mitsu expo would lift the galant?? If i could do this i would love to do it if possible. Share your input please.

turbowop

I had 503 jacked up pretty high with GC coilovers a few years ago. Search my username and you should be able to find the thread. As long as you can align it afterward, there should be no issue. I think my CV angles were actually better with the car way jacked up than with it dropped down really low like I have 1051.

Last edited:

MellowVR4

Whats the name of the thread WOP?

MellowVR4

So you lifted the vr4 with these only? click

or these for the right click

Last edited:

MellowVR4

wop?

blacksheep

Second link does not work. But yes, that is what Wop had AFAIK, nothing special from GC. His spring rates may have been different tho.

MellowVR4

MellowVR4

Works now sorry

MellowVR4

Can you remember what the spring rate that you were using wop? also what shocks? Thanks man

blacksheep

You can run GC on:

- Stock style (OEM, Sachs, etc)
- KYB GR-2
- KYB AGX
- Koni Yellows

I have run GC's on KYB AGX before. This time around, I will do it on Koni Yellows as its the best strut available for the Gvr4.

KYB AGX is an inferior strut when compared to the Koni Yellow. It cannot handle higher spring rates like the Koni. It cannot be re-built either. If you plan on running aggressive spring rates, I would suggest Koni for sure.

EDIT - I think Wop said on that thread he had on KYB AGX's /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

Last edited:

MellowVR4

I just wanna be able to raise the car safely, instead of lowering it. This would be for my ggsx not the vr4, vr4 gets lowerd /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

MellowVR4

thanks man, will do. The only thing im realizing is that if i decide to go this route. The cost of the GC and the Full set of AGX, Will be almost the same price as just buying the BC coilovers set from BOBDOLE?? makes me think /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/uhh.gif Not sure if i could pick different spring rates on the BC, and if i would be able to raise the car with the BC the way i want to? gona do some investigating

blacksheep

Most coilovers will not allow to go higher. At the highest height, they are about 1/2" lower than stock. I don't know if longer springs will help. This may impact stroke.

EDIT - Look at ksport rallyspec - they will allow for it, I think

Last edited:

turbowop

I used GVR4 specific Ground Controls. I don't remember the spring rates, but they were lighter than what you would get with an off-the-shelf Tein/JIC/BC or Ksport/D2/Megan coilover kit. The combination of spring free length and threaded collars allowed me to go higher than stock. I can't tell you whether or not you could do that with a different setup. At one point I had AGX's, at another point, I had GR2's.

Also, I'm not sure the kit you linked will work. I think those may be for a FWD Galant. The GVR4 setup is basically an AWD DSM kit but uses longer springs in the rear.

Last edited:

MellowVR4

I see, how did they ride with the gr2 vs the agx?

transparentdsm

the agx's in my car aren't that bad, i have them all set to 1 so the ride is as comfortable as possible. plus the roads around here are complete sh*t and potholes everywhere.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned