The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

just bought a COMP 5858 BB turbo! Esit: PICS NOW ADDED

turbophein

anyone have any experience or use one of these? it has the SS mitsu bolt on housing, triplex ceramic bearing system and the billet tip.

what do you guys think? should be night and day from the e16g. can't wait for it to come in!

Edit: It arrived 11-27-13

It is everything the seller said it was. its very clean and look hardly used. he sent me everything in the pic with the sale restictor line, oil return line, turbo outlet coupling, gaskets and bolts. i am extremely satisfied, less than 2 days to my door.

What do you think?

Last edited:

Street Surgeon

Is that one of their turbos that doesn't use an oil feed/return?

turbophein

it does have oil and return lines. i will post pics when i get it in.

EMX5636

I haven't used one, but have read up and it should be very comparable to my Precision 5857 ball bearing Billet. Look for full 30ish PSI in the low-mid 4k RPM's, and depending on supporting mods, around 500whp around 28-31psi.

Edit: You might see some faster spool with the bolt-on housing. I love it on the street though. Tons of power from mid 4k till 8500.

Last edited:

turbophein

can't wait, just need a wastegate setup now.

EMX5636

I love my Turbosmart Comp 40. More responsive than the TiAL MVS I had on it before. JNZ can get you a good deal on either though.

mitsuturbo

I'd like to see if this thing holds up. I've read countless woeful tales about Comp turbos. I'd like to actually see a success story with one for a change.

I take it this is a used turbo? How many miles did the seller say were on it?

turbophein

yes its used. i have read lots of good stories actually along with great customer service from them. also has a rebuildable cartridge. i will do some more research.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned