The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

my vr-4. The pikes peak one. story and build *Pics Added!*

Ben

hhmmm. I'll have to figure something out. I didn't realize I had my settings like that.

steve

Yeah, don't even see a Photo tab on your profile. Only Info.

Ben

OK, sorry about that. You should be able to view them now.
I think most of them are in my mobile uploads.

How do I post the pics in here? Would I have to pay for image an image hosting account?

Ben

I bought a set of hoosier qtps mounted on some fwd wheels. They were raif's. A buddy was looking for wheels for his evo on evom and we came across this slicks. Was not a bad deal at all, so I bought em. Haha

Polish

Quoting Ben:
OK, sorry about that. You should be able to view them now.
I think most of them are in my mobile uploads.

How do I post the pics in here? Would I have to pay for image an image hosting account?

Nope, you can upload them to this site for free. When you reply just click "Upload image into post" and you can upload them directly from the computer to the post.

Ben

I am finding out that I really haven't a clue how to weld. Haha. Not that I ever knew to begin with.

curtis

Hey get about a million shots of the cage, the cage in that car I heard is so badass. and distance shots ain't working.

Ben

Will do. It will be dark by the time I get off work tonight. I'll do it tomorrow.

DR1665

Wow. Through the firewall to the turret without losing the brake booster. Nice!

I also like the way the rear turrets are tied into the main hoop/harness bar by way of that box section.

Gonna be nice to finally have a cage in mine.

RedTwo

There's something about roll cages that make me weak at the knees /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/worthy.gif

Ben

I love this picture: click

I'v been trying to get my fuel cell mounted in the car and have not been successful. The square tubing I have was not wanting to stick to the trunk floor, or it would just blow a hole through the body. I took some samples by a dirt track chassis building shop to ask em why I couldn't get my welds to stick to the boby. He took one look at it and asked if I was using flux core wire. Yup. He said that's your problem. I just bought this welder and that's what came with it so I was going to use it up. Guess I'm not now. He said they use 25/75 gas there so that's what I'm going to start with getting. I'm driving to Cal(from Tx) with my dad this week and with xmas around the corner, I cant get a tank setup til Jan. I was sure to buy a welder that would take gas. It came with the hose and regulator.

I'm thinking about getting my Talon running first though.... I originally bought this car for the engine/turbo/dsmlink and some other stuff to put in the galant. It had another twin disk for me and a wes hess rebuilt trans. For what I would pay for an IC setup on the Galant, I could get that Talon running. haha and be pretty quick too! Things I would lack: mitsu mls gasket, gasket set, cast t3 manifold, 5 bolt o2 housing, one comp 272 cam, rebuild a trans a have, keydiver chip and have this turbo rebuilt. I have everything else needed. This car would have an act 2600, ported 60 trim(that was Wes Hess's also) pte 1000cc injectors, adjustable frp, large SBR fmic, gm maf, comp 272s, manley springs/retainers, walbro 255, wiesco/eagle bottom end, and my meth kit if I want to go that route. That should make a 400 or so HP car I think. I have literally everything else. I could even put a 4 bolt and 92+ brakes in it if I wanted! I don't think I would though, I want to keep em as spares. I'd put this car together, drive it a bit, then sell it. Tax season is comming around..... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif It's just hard to sell something like this in a smaller town. I'd have to find a buyer in DFW. I really want this shell(and many other parts) out of my shop and this is the best way to get the most money for it. I think.....
I could get the Talon together fairly quick too. Nothing to fab. All straight foward install.

We will see.

Ben

lol, the picture above are showing up odd. Not the ones I posted. haha

Big step last night. I was able to turn the key on and get dsmlink connected. I started changing some settings.
I lack finishing my fuel system, installing the downpipe and wideband.

cheekychimp

Yeah you will need to go back and repost your pictures. Addressing of images got messed up during the change over of the server at the beginning of the year. I think a lot of images uploaded between the beginning of the year and the 22nd January have been subject to this. Small price to pay for the awesome new server so just edit your post and re-upload the correct images.

Awesome car by the way. So glad that someone is keeping it alive.

Ben

I should be able to attempt to srart it this weekend!! I can't wait!
I just lack some fuel lines/fitting and wiring/mounting the fuel pumps.

That car is just pure SEX! Love it. That cage is very nice. Came a long way haven't you?

Ben

yes. I had no idea how much it took to put a car toegther when all you have is an empty shell! I had a 1g AWD that I had the engine out to rebuild and had a bunch of aftermarket parts(still stockish overall) and I thought I had a good idea of what was in store for me for the galant. I was wrong!
I am oh so close. I get a little close each time I go to my shop. I stayed out there too late last night and I'm tired now. I'm going to go to bed early tonight and rest up so I can get after it again tomrrow after work.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned