The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

How to remove rear door cards? + lubing sticky exterior handles

dammitjim

Is there a trick to removing the rear door cards? I have the light, handle, switch, interior handle trim and all the screws out. The car is only held in at the top by the window and it doesn't want to come out.

I'm removing them because the rear exterior handles require alot of effort to pull. If anyone knows what to grease or replace to fix that problem please let me know.

Last edited:

dammitjim

Ok, I got it. I used this thing to pry up on the inside of the top door card and it popped out.

photo-754674.JPG

After spraying all the handle mechanisms on the inside with white lithium grease the rears now open easier than the fronts.

Last edited:

Barnes

I used lithium grease as well. Although I did take the time to clean up the handles and components. it's a world of difference.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned