The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

please help me out with door handle removal

trunks

Hello all,

This is my first post for 458/1000. I'm going to paint the car and I cannot quite figure how to remove the door handles. I found one post on the it so far after many searches. I've taken out the door screw and the two other screws on the outside. It's loose but I'm not sure how to get the handle off. The prior post said to remove the linkage but I don't see how that will help. I believe the handle needs to come off of the white spring loaded clip but I'm not sure how it goes without breaking anything.

I had a bad experience with my 2g dsm and maybe I'm just a little gun shy.
Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks, Aaron

Terry Posten

Stick your finger onto the white plastic part (has the spring on the one side) opposite to the spring and pull it outward from the handle assembly. Then the outer handle will pop right out. Once the outer handle is released from the white locking part, it will just fall apart.

trunks

Alright - went back out and used a flat head screwdriver since my hands are too fat. I guess I just had to get more aggressive. It pulled pretty hard but it came off. Thanks for the quick reply!

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned