The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

How bad is it?

GVR47111K

Mr. Posten, I believe you are the expert here. EPROM? NON-EPROM? How long do I have, doctor?

I have absolutely no idea what a "good" ecu looks like so I figured I'd let the helpful folks over at galantvr4.org tell me if my car is going to blow up or not anytime soon.

Terry Posten

Looks clean, what is your concern?

GVR47111K

Quoting Terry Posten:
Looks clean, what is your concern?

Just seein' if I was in deep dog doo or not. I didn't want it to need immediate attention.

Quoting red90awd:
Yes, that is an EPROM ECU

How can you tell/be sure?

Quoting Noobsauce:
hope this link can help a little click

Thanks, it did.

GSTwithPSI

Quoting red90awd:
Yes, that is an EPROM ECU

How can you tell/be sure?

Someone has already socketed it as well. That nice little blue socket is not standard issue mitsu. The board looks clean to me from the pics. I would remove the board completely from the ECU case to check the back of the socket to see how good or bad the soldering job was. As long as that is ok you should be good to go.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned