The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

ashley

Status
Not open for further replies.

beaner

I have NO idea what to do with this transaction!

I sent Ashley payment for DSMLink on Sunday 8/21. I PM'd the following Friday 8/26 asking if it was shipped during the week. He replied Saturday and said it was shipped the day after payment and offered a tracking number. I said sure, send it. Ashley was on here daily but didn't reply to me until 4 days later to say a tracking number couldn't be found.

Later on that day, the package arrived. The shipping label said it was shipped Thursday 8/25. Not Monday as I was told. I set the package aside for later.

Thursday, I open the package and it had the cable, cd, and ecu. I could tell the ecu was not in an eprom case, so I cracked it open. It's a virgin non-eprom. No DSMLink.

I PM him right away saying I got the package, but the ecu was non-eprom. Maybe a mistake? The next day I saw Ashley was on the forum, but no reply to the PM. So I texted the phone number on the package and Ashley called me back. I explained the situation and Ashley offered to look through his ecus at home to make sure.

Saturday I text him asking what was up. No reply. Sunday I text him at noon asking what the deal was. After sending the pictures below and a few phone calls, Ashley accused me of trying to rip HIM off by lying about it. He told me to contact a lawyer and hung up.

I am absolutely beside myself right now.

ocqWV.jpg

KR86K.jpg

uYuYw.jpg

2HYEw.jpg

toybreaker

iconoclast
In addition to the rest of the problems you have detailed, that ecu is for a 1990 model year vehicle and would require some mods to the harness in order to be used in a vr4.

Ashley, please respond to this thread with your side of the story.

beaner

Here's where I'm at with this. I filed a Paypal complaint on the transaction. I knew it was just my word against his, so Paypal was as good as a coin flip. The only other thing I could think to do was file a police report. I printed out everything I could, put the complete package in my backpack, and went for a walk downtown. I had the station in my sights and was less than a minute from walking in the doors when Ashley texted me. Talk about timing. He said the correct ECU was recovered from a former employee of his and it will be shipped immediately. Go figure, a honest mix up of ecus. Why didn't I think of that.

On my walk back, he asked me to close the Paypal complaint. He said because the money is now locked up, he doesn't have enough money to ship the ECU to me. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif I'm very uncomfortable with that, and not sure why a married engineer cannot come up with ~10 dollars for shipping. Hopefully tomorrow he finds a way to ship it out so I can end the dispute and send the non-eprom back to him.

toybreaker

iconoclast
Thanks for the update!

A helpfull member pm'd me with the pic from the for sale ad, and it does show a different ecu.

Hopefully, we can mark this one resolved in short order.

ashley

to everyone who cares
first of all beaner you did not tell the whole story!
like i told you, the ecu was sent by a guy i have working for me.
he sent the wrong one, beaner then called,text and harassed me non stop while i was camping for 3 days,
as soon as i could i called him back.
i thought at first he was trying to lie, as many do because
i had him send me pics of the ecu and they did NOT mach the one i had pictured.
after i found the proper ecu i told him, it would be sent asap, however, i am waiting on paypal, because they took the 475 back out and now my palpal is -$67 and it dinged my bank account $97.
so now i am basicly selling the v3 dsmlink for $368. when i still have the receipt showing i paid $700, nice...
beaner, i am not a bad seller, sh*t happens, i do not know why you are totally trying to bag me but, stop.

ashley

Oh an why should i send you the part when i don't even have the money in my account for the part its not that i don't have money its the fact that the money for the part is not in the account, so yes i asked you so kindly contact pay pal but no now we are both waiting because i don't feel comfortable doing anything till i hear from them. So until they tell me to ship it or when i actually receive the money then it will be shipped. That dose not sound to unfair to me, unfortunately accidents happen like i have said I'm sorry an I'm pretty sure Ive said that over an over.

steve

Sounds like the guy working for you messed up. Beaner should not have to stick his neck out by cancelling the paypal claim due to a mistake on your side in order to get what he paid for in a timely fashion.

beaner

Quoting ashley:
like i told you, the ecu was sent by a guy i have working for me.

You said your wife was a witness to you shipping the ecu pictured in your FS ad. You said she would testify and you would bring the picture to court as proof. You then told me I should get a really good lawyer. The only mention of a guy working for you was when you found the correct ecu.

Quoting ashley:
beaner then called,text and harassed me non stop while i was camping for 3 days,

Really? I did not call you once when you were gone. I texted you once a day and you didn't reply.

0pEDC.png

Z2xNM.png

CqXmq.png

raxhH.png

29wbg.png

IKHhD.png

E1yhW.png

lCPwd.png

J4t69.png

xfcc6.png

NqVLf.png

9RKDS.png

XUPhe.png

ctDFu.png

Quoting ashley:
i am not a bad seller, sh*t happens, i do not know why you are totally trying to bag me but, stop.

I suggested a mix up in ecus. Never once did I accuse you of anything. You accused me of lying, stealing, and just now harassment.

The last two calls above today were Ashley's wife. She asked for my address and said she will be shipping the ECU to me today or tomorrow. I hope this is the case.

Last edited:

ashley

not only that, but he is relay pissing off my wife from all the immature texting.
this transaction is a damn joke. whats funny is he says "all i want to do is tune my car"
but he told me he already has dsmlink v2. and just wanted to upgrade to v3. so wtf?

toybreaker

iconoclast
It's quite clear to anyone reading this thread what has happened

A simple mix up, sh*t happens. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

... hell, done it myself ... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

It's what you do after a problem like this arises that defines your character

Ashley, I suggest you quit talking and start shipping.

You sent the wrong unit, it's all on you to make it right.

I suggest you do so with a quickness, and humbly apologise for wasting the man's time.

... it is that simple ...

ashley

my phone number is unlisted and on the do not call list!!!!!!!!!!!
i suggest the owner of this forum take my number off now. you do not have
my permission to show it.

beaner

Quoting ashley:
this transaction is a damn joke.

The transaction is a joke only to you. Your posts are a joke to all reading.

Ashley's wife stepped in on Wednesday. I have been finishing the transaction through her and only her. She called and asked for my address, shipped the correct ecu, and provided a tracking number. The package arrived today as promised. I closed the paypal dispute and will be shipping back the incorrect ECU on Monday.

I hope this is my last reply to this thread.

ashley

I am tired of getting harassed because click published my personal phone number. I talked to a friend/sheriff earlier and he said, "It is absolutely illegal to publicly release an unlisted/do not call list phone number and you could press charges if desired"... I strongly suggest the host of click remove this thread completely. I WILL press charges if not. After you do so I will gladly delete myself from this site forever. Thank you. p.s. I have print screens of this forum "https://www.galantvr4.org" showing and my full phone number. Thanks again.

Hertz

Staff member
This post will remain as submitted until the transaction is complete and both parties are satisfied.

beaner

You have pointed your finger at everyone but yourself. Now the board is at fault. The Bad Guys section is available only to members on this forum. The Cars For Sale section, however, is available to the entire internet. You posted your phone number in that section a year ago. CLICK.

I own my phone and all information on it. I can do whatever I please with it. The images above are posted because you made false and discriminating accusations towards me. AKA slander. Ask your nonexistent sheriff friend about that.

Last edited:

Hertz

Staff member
Quoting ashley:
hertz did you not read? it is complete.

Complete = parts received and money paid. This is not open to your interpretation.

ashley

beaner i have accepted all the blame, as i have already told you, get on with it....
As far as you publishing an unlisted number with out the owners permission (and yes even if its members only) is illegal, do yourself a favor and look into it. That is why hertz is not saying anything about it, because the forum is accountable. also my "fake sheriff friend" also said this site could at least temperately, if not fully be shut down if i file a police report. (which im close to doing) , for your own sake beaner read what you post twice, i can post my number anywhere i want, that's why its mine, you cannot do i need to stupify this any more for you. hertz, i have received payment, beaner has received ecu, what else?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned