The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Got the engine running yesterday.

alik

What's left is: sort the brakes out, re-register the car (still insured), clean the interior, wrap wire loom around the wires under the hood, figure out any gremlins with the engine (there always are), replace the sparkplugs (already ordered BP7ES from RockAuto - $10), replace the hood (found a beauty in blue at junker's, only $75), as mine is not only rotted along the lip, but busted in more ways than one, straighten out the bumper (kinda looks like it's trying to rip itself off the car right now), and #40 is back on the road!!!!

#40/2000.
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

snailspool

Always good to see some progress!

GVR47111K

Hi Alik,

Good to hear about your progress, now onto pics!

alik

Will!
How is ya?

You wouldn't believe how long I've spent tracking engine gremlins that weren't even there. Ugh! Air, fuel, spark. Air, fuel, spark. Ignition pulse, fuel pressure. Phew!
Thank God it's over. The car starts and runs. No check engine lights. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Pics will be up soon!

GVR47111K

Just fine and dandy, thank ya. How have you been?

Sounds like you still got a little bit on your plate but I'm sure the car has come a long way from when I saw it.
What are your plans for the car? Do you think you will be able to get a few donuts in the snow in this season? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

Anywho, Merry Christmas to ya! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

alik

Well enough. I could complain, but no one listens!

Yeah, the car is nearly in driveable condition. Just gotta bleed the brakes (now, how does it go? LR-RR-RF-LF? WTF? Lol), and run it through inspection. Got a blue hood (without any rust) sitting, just waiting to be put on.

Snow donuts? I dunno. Maybe. Simply because Boston is famous for snowing up a ton, and the very next day everything gets rained out, thus turning all the snow into a block of solid (and very dirty) ice. I've got quite a few of those ice sculptures up and down my street. So, perhaps. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

On the down note, my mechanic, while refilling my diffs, decided it would be a good idea to put the lift supports under the rocker panel. I paid him back, though. Chucked all the broken off rust right at him! That'll teach him to disintegrate my rocker panel! And it looked good, too! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

snailspool

Bleeding is started at the slave cyl furthest from the master, and then progressively closer. So pr, dr, pf, df.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned