The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Got a built VR4 motor but its in a parts car....suggestions?

I picked up a VR4 and i was told it had a built motor /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif now i popped the valve cover open and saw hks 272s. so im assuming that it is built. Now the guy i got it had a small fire under the hood by the fuel pump.... no worries it wasn't that bad accually ive been threw this before. At the same time he sold the id badge which he told me was 315 out of 1000. ive also gotten calls from people who said they have bought parts from this car. if i do not part out the rest and decide to get it running again, what do i do? i know i need at least an ECU and a fuel pump. The engine bay is taken completely apart, almost as if the motor just has to be unbolted and thats it. the engine harness was cut and the fuse box thrown in the trunk. i need a front mount piping ect.ect. but dont want to invest too much because if i get it turning over and the mottor is crap then what /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif any suggestions guys? should i sell the motor and trans which i was told the trans was a stock rebuild from shep? and the motor is completely done head to toe or get it going? the body is 8.5 out of 10. no rust. either way its not a big deal to me, i just miss the boost. ive dealt with alot of 1g's and 2g's. also heard the vr4s are a lil different thats why im asking you guys..... you would know better then me im more a guy. how cheap/available are the galant vr4 parts? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

prove_it

Sounds like you want to just get it up and running and have a car. If so sell the engine and trans and buy a good unhacked and unburnt VR4. You never know how deep the rabbit hole goes til you realize you got 2k in it and still dont run. My two cents.

If you got a few months, four jackstands, patience, the tools, and the knowledge then you should rebuilt it. If there was a fire then who is to say how much damage there is.

i doo miss the boost putting my azz in the back of my seat /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif but your 2cents... accually makes alot of cents thanx! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

G

Staff member
The fuel pump is under the hood?

Its possible my car has the underhood secondary fuel pump kit from road race engeneering they use to do it a long long long time ago.

curtis

Quoting G:
The fuel pump is under the hood?

It may have had a 044 bosch up there...I've seen it done and not a fan of it at all. Secondary pumps push better than draw fuel from the rear forward.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned