The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

FS: Key Fob replicas

Status
Not open for further replies.

564vr4

Verified and all good. Thanks again to all.

steve

You guys can really just post up if I've got something wrong. I'm not making a checklist of everyone who confirmed things were correct. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Terry Posten

No way, your getting 7 more pages of confirmation posts. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

steve

I'm sending the order today, just cleaning up the spreadsheet to send them only what they need.

steve

If you've paid for blanks up front, you are guaranteed to get them. I also ordered a bunch of extra blanks in '91 and '92 styles, so I will hopefully have enough to meet the "oh sh*t" orders afterwards. But, again, if you paid up front and requested blanks, your order will be filled for sure.

I just sent in the order. I asked for an idea on the timeframe, and also will be making payment as soon as they call me about it.

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
I wish they had copied the "VR4" portion more exactly, as it is the same as the badges on the 1991s.

Still, they look good.

Brunoboy

Stop complaining, beggers cant be choosers

Barnes

I actually prefer them slightly different than the original. In the future we can differentiate between genuine and replica fobs. Last thing we want is people flooding the market with FOBs they claim to be the real thing.

steve

I emailed them about the small issues that some are concerned with. I don't know if these things can be addressed, but I feel obligated to ask on you guys' behalf. I would definitely not refer to anyone involved as "beggars" especially those who helped get this rolling.

I can still add to the order if anyone is interested.

Thanks.

Struc

As I mentioned in my post about the differences, I think it's good that these have some differences, as the originals will still be able to be identified. There is nothing "unappealing" about the differences in my opinion - they are just minor differences.

I say keep the ball rolling.

steve

Yep, they just wrote back and since a die was created already, I would have to have another die created from scratch to incorporate any changes. I appreciate everyone's input, and I resisted my initial feeling which was "too bad, its good enough for me" because that really isn't fair. But since any changes will require starting over, I'm going to proceed with the design as-is.

I did email them because the hole punched in the sample fob was a bit off-center, and that has been addressed. I have also received a picture of the font they plan on using, and I have expressed a concern that it seems to be more of a 'solid' font whereas the originals have a double line look. I will update with their response to that inquiry.

Brunoboy

Quoting steveGLS:
I emailed them about the small issues that some are concerned with. I don't know if these things can be addressed, but I feel obligated to ask on you guys' behalf. I would definitely not refer to anyone involved as "beggars" especially those who helped get this rolling.

I can still add to the order if anyone is interested.

Thanks.

At the end of it all, you cant satisfy everyone, you and a handful of others did get the ball rolling but some need to understand that if they dont like it, then dont buy it, im not trying to be an asshole but i am being real.
-shane

564vr4

I agree! Its good enough for me. Cant wait for mine!

steve

Definitely can't please all the people all of the time, but I did want to give it a fair shot and be sensitive to peoples' concerns.

I think your doing a helluva job Steve. Thanks for all your hard work and effort towards this.

Quoting steveGLS:
Definitely can't please all the people all of the time, but I did want to give it a fair shot and be sensitive to peoples' concerns.

I think you've been extremely fair throughout this process Steve and we all appreciate it!

You've gotten the range of opinions about the replica since you've posted the pictures of it.

My opinion:
Quoting Darksyne:
It also appears that the VR is a different font compared to the one that Curt posted.

Overall however they look fantastic!

I would like to see the VR corrected while we have a chance to update the die but that is only my opinion.

Quoting brunoboy:
Stop complaining, beggers cant be choosers

Quoting brunoboy:
At the end of it all, you cant satisfy everyone, you and a handful of others did get the ball rolling but some need to understand that if they dont like it, then dont buy it, im not trying to be an asshole but i am being real.
-shane

You posted no feedback about the sample good or bad and are effectively telling people to STFU when they post theirs. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

I have enough respect for forum members to not call them names but you're not being "real".

steve

Unfortunately there isn't a chance to "update" the die. To make changes would require art changes and a new die to be created, to the tune of another $250.

To me, the point of getting the sample made was to ensure that the overall "quality" or "feel" of the piece was satisfactory to me. The sample came out looking just like the art rendering, and no one criticized the "G", "VR", and "4" when I posted up the art rendering. I was more concerned with the end product being of good overall quality, not cheap feeling, not the wrong color, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts