The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

FS: Key Fob replicas

Status
Not open for further replies.

No worries Steve. The key fob looks great and I think everyone can agree that we're excited to see them arrive!

Brunoboy

Quoting Darksyne:

You posted no feedback about the sample good or bad and are effectively telling people to STFU when they post theirs. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

I have enough respect for forum members to not call them names but you're not being "real".

I didn't post feedback because it didn't bother me, I liked it, its going through, end of story, if i had a problem I would've said something. I didn't tell anyone else but you, because your the only one who said something about that it should be exact, going back and looking for that response, I see you deleted it.

Brunoboy

Quoting steveGLS:
Unfortunately there isn't a chance to "update" the die. To make changes would require art changes and a new die to be created, to the tune of another $250.

To me, the point of getting the sample made was to ensure that the overall "quality" or "feel" of the piece was satisfactory to me. The sample came out looking just like the art rendering, and no one criticized the "G", "VR", and "4" when I posted up the art rendering. I was more concerned with the end product being of good overall quality, not cheap feeling, not the wrong color, etc.

Thanks for doing all of this, You got it done, its a lot more to say you tried and got us something rather than nothing. They look very good and I will be sure to rock mine everywhere I go.

Quoting brunoboy:
I didn't post feedback because it didn't bother me, I liked it, its going through, end of story, if i had a problem I would've said something.

It's a good thing you didn't, an e-thug would have told you to STFU. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

It's all good, I'm not here to get in pissing matches with people I just don't appreciate being told to shut up when I post my opinion.

dustyduff

Quoting Darksyne:
It's all good, I'm not here to get in pissing matches with people I just don't appreciate being told to shut up when I post my opinion.

Nobody asked you for your opinion did they, so STFU fool!!! j/k /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

You got the ball rolling on this, but Steve's getting all the glory (not glory hole). /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif Love you Steve. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

I think the replica fobs in this thread look better than the previous attempts and I agree that it's probably better that they don't EXACTLY match the originals so folks can distinguish between these and the original.

Diego

Out of curiosity... in case I missed it.

Did they give you an ETA for the first signs of arrival?

steve

Yes they said the order should be complete by the end of November.

I'm trying to work out the engraving font still. They have a triple Roman font, which looks very close to the originals but when it is engraved small, the lines seem to run together and it just looks like a solid font. I asked them to bump up the size a bit, from 1.0pt to 1.1pt font like the originals seem to be. I'm not quite sure if that addressed the issue, I requested some better pics. They did show me an engraving at 1.2pt font and you can clearly make out the separate lines in the letters, but it is definitely bigger than the stock engravings then.

You know who's first on the spreadsheet too #13, AKA Diego /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

You'll make the right decision Steve. It'll be nice to have one either way IMO

Last edited by a moderator:

Struc

My personal opinion is that the engraving on the originals looks pretty poor. Very light.

If you could match the font, but have something that was a bit more deep or thicker, that would be great, IMO.

Then again, I could probably ask for blanks and do it myself then. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I'd rather not have to bother with trying to get it engraved myself, though.

Last edited:

Diego

Quoting Dbossman:
You know who's first on the spreadsheet too #13, AKA Diego /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

You'll make the right decision Steve. It'll be nice to have one either way IMO

I thought I smoked to much, then re-read your post, flipped back to page 1, then skimmed the Spread.... then noticed. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

steve

"Hi, my name's Smoketoomuch."
"Well you'd better cut down a little then!"

Actually I did not send the document to them in that format, I simplified it down and sorted by the "Engraving" field. So the first ones on the list are actually the blanks. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Ahh! Your kidding? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif Now I'm off to smoke too much. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Diego

I win! Sorry Dave /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

steve

Quoting steveGLS:
"Hi, my name's Smoketoomuch."
"Well you'd better cut down a little then!"

If you don't know what this was about, I'm sorry for you. click

steve

Payment from Nathan Schneider has been received, spreadsheet updated, order updated.

I can not add any more to this order. Please do not send payments. If you aren't in the order already, we shall see how many extra blanks I have after I fulfill the existing orders that I received. Thanks everyone!

fuel

Expression of interest of a blank 1991 key fob here if there turns out to be one spare!

524of1000

Are we still expecting the first wave end of november?

steve

Yep!

Boostdtalon

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif Steve and the guys that helped. You all rock. I always wished 192 had the fob but I'm sure that was lost years ago. Now I'll have two of them! Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts