The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

FS: Key Fob replicas

Status
Not open for further replies.

turbophein

in the spreadsheet, is the green column for engraved fobs and the yellow for non engraved fobs?

Terry Posten

No, it is for people that have more than 1 car.

Diego

Oldest brother works way up in Paypal (Handles MillionDollar Acct) and the best way to actually beat the fees is to send it as Money Owed. Zero fees and is a straight payment.

trexn8

Sent PM. Really excited about these.

Regards,

Nate

This is the day we've been waiting on. What times your mail run Steve? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

steve

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif I sent an email last Thursday, and the woman I'm dealing with was OOO until today, but I followed up with someone else. He said it looked like it should be shipping today (11/1), or possibly on 10/29. I will find out from her where it stands!

It shipped on 10/29, and scheduled to arrive tomorrow!
FedEx tracking 054938460094370

Last edited by a moderator:

524of1000

I feel like a kid at __________ (insert gift giving holiday of choice)! I can't wait to see them, even more so to have my own!

Quote:

On FedEx vehicle for delivery
BETHLEHEM, PA

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif

Diego

Its so close....... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hsugh.gif

steve

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif Now everyone has to wait until I get home so I can get the package and post pics!

steve

They didn't engrave the sample for some reason, but aside from that I think it looks AWESOME!

steve

jepherz

Staff member
Wow! That's hardly a "replica". Can we get a pic propped up on some carbon fiber rolls, Curtis style Steef? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/worthy.gif

Last edited:

Struc

I agree that it looks really good, but you can absolutely tell it is not from the original mold.

Put this image side by side on the screen with the new ones, and you can see the "Galant VR4" is not raised as much, and the "4" is different. I think I actually like the new "4" better anyway. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
The bevel on the center "engraving" section isn't as large.
The bottom right of the "G" is squared off on the original, and rounded on the replica.
The backround "texture" also is different, unless that is just from wear. Doesn't seem like it, though.

I think that is fine, though - I think they look great! It will also help the originals to retain their value if we can identify the replicas. Order 'em up!

115485-0-0-0.jpg

Last edited:

Terry Posten

Looks good to me.

steve

They still have the originals actually, so I can't compare the depth of the lettering, but I think they are pretty similar. Its hard to tell the depth by looking at a "straight-on" photo. But in any case, I think they look great. I have asked for a picture of the engraving font so I can confirm it will be a close match, and I'll go ahead and place our order!

img.php

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned