The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

FS: Key Fob replicas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ok im a flippin retard! I miss spelled the Paypal addy lol. New payment on its way for 2 fobs.

steve

I did mail out the original fobs to MC on Friday. I will update here when there's something new to tell.

spooling92vr4

How the hell did I miss this thread???? Payment sent hopefully in before the first order

Brunoboy

Oh crap im late, can i still get in?

Diego

Will send money in the morning gotta deposit some cash... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif

steve

You can still get in, MC has received the original fobs and they will be calling me today after the die engraver has a chance to look at them.

steve

Not too late.

Just got an update from MC. The die engraver looked at the key fobs. "He isn’t concerned with reproducing the dies, you don’t have to worry about the nicks showing up in the new die – they will be clean. We will have to duplicate the design in art and we will cut new dies from there. My next step will be to confirm that we still have the trim tool shape from that long ago."

I should have a further update tomorrow.

Terry Posten

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hsugh.gifWaiting with baited breath/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hsugh.gif

As I think about it now, all the fuss I created in the very beginning about proper font was kinda stupid. I don't know what they looked like anyway because I never had my fob to know.

I just want it to be close to the dash plague and be the right letter size to fit the face of the fob.

Keep up the good work Steve.

steve

Yeah I'm getting really excited at this point. I don't know what a "trim tool shape" is, but if they don't have it I hope that isn't a big deal.

Terry Posten

That is the tool the machinist's use to make it pretty. Kinda like the muffler bearing that we install on the hot blonde's car to make sure it stays quite (and of course to keep her around for a little bit longer). /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif
I don't know either.

steve

Good news. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

They still have the tooling and it is intact (albeit a bit dusty).

I'm talking to them about setting everything up and getting a sample made, so I can ensure everything looks right.

dustyduff

Thanks again for the update and pulling this all together Steve. I can't wait to see the sample FOB they make. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/worthy.gif

Lancer99

Im alittle behide on this but these would come with our numbers on them right? If so can I still but a set?

Rob

steve

Yes they will be engraved if you'd like to pay up-front. Otherwise I will have some blank ones to sell. You can still order, they are going to set up and make me a sample. I didn't want to place the whole order without seeing anything first. It will cost me up front this way but better than having 100 fobs that are bad quality or something.

steve

Yeah this is exactly why I wanted to take the reins on this. If someone took all you guys' money and ordered merchandise sight-unseen, I could see it turning into a disaster of Pre-Evo proportions. I was using my crystal ball. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hsugh.gif

BTW, this is not a poke at anyone who helped set this up. Again, I really appreciate everything you guys did!

I'm surprised at how excited I am about this. To think that the original manufacturer is still around and willing to replicate these is awesome. Thanks Steve, I can't wait to receive my brand new original key fobs. Merry Christmas me!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned