The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

foglights on when high beams on

moneypit

I hated how the foglights shut off when the high beams were switched on. If I'm running high beams, I want maximum illumination. So, looked at the wiring diagram. This is such an easy "mod". It'll take all of 10 minutes. Remove driver under dash panel, unplug the connector behind the foglight switch, cut the red wire with white stripe, ground connector side of the wire, and reassemble. That's it. Fogs with high beams.

maroonmetallic

I haven't found it, but I'm pretty sure FMVSS states you cannot have 6 forward facing lights.
So don't let the cops see you with them on. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

SouthCaliVR4

Legaly speaking you're not suposed to be able to have the fogs on with the high beams & driving lights on with the lows. Of course nobody seems to give much of a sh*t about lighting laws, Read: HID's, so have at it.

If you want more light off the high beams install a relay to keep the low beam element on with the high beams.

5OF2k

Maybe mine is odd, or something is funky, but i can tap the highbeam switch and my foglights will toggle on and off with the high beams. For instance the low beams and fogs on, tap to high beams and they turn off, tap again to go back to lows, then again and they all come on. I figured it out when messing with the fogs when i fixed them and got them both turning on. Like i said, maybe mine is weird, but these are rally vehicles. The way it switched in cycles time after time sort of leads me to believe theyre supposed to be like that. I also have the jdm fromt end/fogs too. Dunno if that has anything to do with it perhaps...??

fuel

what use are low pointing and short broad spread out light pattern fog lights going to do for long range vision?

fuel

I believe it also has been proven that a low and broad facing light pattern encourages you to look at the closest patch of road rather than looking further ahead too. Can also strain your eyes more.

In the case of the facelift JDM fogs they have two pairs of lamps, one are the low broad beam fog lamps with 35W bulbs which only work on low-beam, while the inner pair are aimed higher with a narrower beam pattern and help out the high beams (only work with high beams switched on).

If you have a JDM bumper then perhaps look into getting the facelift fog lamp arrangement?

raptorWagon

^ Agreeable on the facelift fogs as I often forgot to turn my low beams on at night whenever I had the inner fog lamps on only lol.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned