The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Evo Suspension courtesy of TunersNation (update)

Muskrat

Is that Evo lowering springs in all 4 corners? Or just the fronts?

Also, something like Ground Control "coilover" springs would probably work, letting you adjust ride high with the spring adjust.

Wow, Brandon that looks really good /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif

I never cut my rear springs when I had the stock Evo springs on my car. I've sinced upgraded to Evo 8 Espelir ASD springs. I've been running this setup for a few years now. The beauty with the Evo 8 lowering springs is there's no cutting involved, they do lower the car & they stay nice & tight when you jack up/raise the car. Ofcourse, ride height may not be suitable for everyone but it's good enough for me. I would like to get the car a little lower & thinking of trying the Swift springs. They seem to be a better quality spring than the Tein green springs.

Yes, spacers were welded on the fronts. All Brandon had to do was, change the front top hats from the Evo to the gvr4 ones, cut the stock springs to desired height & mount. I personally left my rear springs uncut when I had stock Evo springs on the car. Check out my members ride page

BrandonEchols

Quoting raptorreed:
Answers,
OEM - Yes
Fronts - I believe just one coil on the fronts.
Rears - Not cut
Rear bushings - welded to the top of the fork.

When you say top of the fork, you mean like this, correct?
4379754863_a40028eb8e.jpg

As opposed to this sort of mount:
img.php

img.php

Because that's exactly how I want mine to sit.
I'd rather not drop it ANY if possible.

vegeta1170

Hey Brandon, your car looks great. Can't wait to get mine back on the road. We'll need to meet up again. Maybe more people will come.

evo8ya

Quoting UtahGalant:
Thanks guys. I'm real pleased with how it all turned out. Best part is the handling. The poor 195/60 tires really get a work out now /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif I plan on keeping them and the GSX wheels to keep the ride softer. I think 16s or 17s with a shorter sidewall would be a bit too stiff for a daily.

You'll actually get a better ride with stiffer sidewalls. There's not as much bouncing transfered as there is with 195/60's with a weak sidewall. 807 rides much better with 235/45/17 summer tires then my 195/60/15 snow tires. Looks great with the GSX rims BTW. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Last edited:

raptorWagon

No, I was thinking towards the top as in the bushing all the way up in the fork as seen in those second pics.

Last edited by a moderator:

3rd & 4th pictures are how I do them. If you leave the rear springs uncut, it only lowers the car ~1". From stock height that's still high (@ least for me). Suspension is very subjective so what's satisfactory to me may not be to the next person. I can say for a daily driver the Evo suspension is the most comfortably performing setup I've had on my car. It corners great & very predictable. Right now I'm on 235/45/17X8 rubber. Also keep in mind the roads here in Florida are very flat & very smooth.

+1 on florida roads love driving down there everyone drives fast /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Quoting vegeta1170:
Hey Brandon, your car looks great. Can't wait to get mine back on the road. We'll need to meet up again. Maybe more people will come.

Thanks man. It would be fun to get to gether again. Maybe we can shoot for 5 cars showing up this time /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

alansupra94

Well, I will be trying this suspension setup out on the VR4 soon.

I will let you guys know how it goes /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I put some different Evo springs in today. I liked how the springs in the first post looked, but didn't like how they would get loose when the car was jacked up.

Fronts are cut 1 coil and rears are uncut. Now the springs are tight when the car is jacked up. They also ride better. I'm unsure of camber in the front. They look real close to being straight up with maybe a very little bit of negative. I'm going to get an alignment this week, so I'll find out then.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned