The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Ebay clutch?

Please expand if you are talking about my issue. So you think this is a disengagement issue? If so, why does it manifest only in 3rd gear? I never shimmed the pivot ball. I tried an extended slave rod as a quick test but nothing changed. Not to hijack, this info should server OP well.

Quoting 3rdstrikedsm:
If the pressure plate is not releasing fully then it will have this issue you describe which is also common with this type of clutch as it is too small to begin with and when you try to get massive clamping pressures from it then the quality goes down hill fast.

Ok as for spring vs unsprung is either one better for more disengagement? also which 1 is better for daily use?

I don't think that either one is better than the other for disengagement...but I do believe I have read posts about springs flying off the disk at speed....that isn't for me. I have driven the 2-2.5 hour rush hour commute from DC to the Fredericksburg area and carried a few slugs home..no matter how smooth I tried to be, their heads were bobbing everywhere. Still it beats that sort of reliability issue IMHO.

Still need more...so sprung or unsprung? specifically xtd stage 3 or 4...i have read some other write ups on unsprung I have commonly seen the same thing. That unsprung is strictly race cars only and will eventually damage the tranny internals in a short period of time. anybody? thanks for all the help in advanced and jackin threads is cool if it is still on topic, something i also may face God forbid.

Brunoboy

id get unsprung because I dont want springs grenading in my trans, but thats just me

Turboman_456

Stick with trusty ACT 2600 or 2800!Stay away from those cheap as* F1s unless it is a solid hub unit.I just spent a total of $235.00 for my clutch on Ebay $135 for a ACT disc new and $100 for a used ACT MAX XX pressure plate.

Brunoboy

ACT=Fail........

3rdstrikedsm

ACT is about the worst clutch you can put in your car!! Total junk /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned