The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Dynoed today

ApexHunter

It would be helpful to know what kind of dynos were used also.

EDIT: For this thread and also for mikus' idea.

Last edited:

dc_style

i actually dynoed 263.7 on a dyno dynamics.. it's known as the heartbreaker dyno cause it reads low. but people usually ad 15 percent to the number for comparison reasons. overall, i'm happy with it, and i'll be hoping to push more power when i get some more things done.

Quoting RedTwo:
307whp could be in the region of 390-395 flywheel HP if you start using high drive train loss estimates /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

Negative ghost rider. Maybe more realistic is ~350whp.

Vman911

D.C. the ride home was cool. I'm running a dsm chip so its pretty much in tune. I drive the car on weekends, running 15-17lbs on manuel boost controller.

As far as boost I was running about 21PSI on 93 octane. I could have pushed it more but I was 50 miles from home.

GW has it right at about 340-350 at flywheel.
I used TopSpeed in North Atlanta. I'll have 1/4 slip in may @ GADSM ImportShootout.
When we get flyers I'll post them on here. Sunday May 3rd @ SDR

Last edited:

+1 for brand of dyno.

Mustang reads 15-18% (please dont quote me, I have no hard numbers at my fingertips) lower than Dynojet. So, 307whp on a mustang would prob read around 353-362whp on a dynojet.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned