The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

getting (close) to 400hp. what's next?

EfiniX

I'm around 315 right now with the following

Rebuilt .1 overbore w/2g rods and pistons and 264/264 cams
20g @20psi
2g manifold w/3" fijitsubo all the way back
1000cc injectors
dsmlink v3
255 walbro
K&N element w/2g MAF & intake
Stock intake manifold
ETS FMIC

That's the cliff notes. Other little odds and ends. Im installing a wideband at the end of the month, so I'm sure I'll get a bit more power out of my tuning adjustments. I think I'll also invest in a FPR.

So, what's next if I want to stay away from meth and E85?

prove_it

5 more psi and bigger cams /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

prove_it

FP exhaust manifold. I'm not sure if an intake manifold would help that much or not.

turbowop

May as well go speed density as well. Besides allowing less restriction for the turbo intake, you'll be able to log boost and IAT's.

prove_it

Forgot to ask....

What do you have for an o2 housing?

turbowop

FP exhaust manifolds look nice, but I'm not so sure he'd see a power increase with one. That's why I haven't put one on my car. I've seen mixed reviews on whether or not they make power, and I like being able to retain my OE manifold heatshield. Even on sale, you gotta pay roughly $200 shipped for the mani and then buy a $100 blanket for it which looks weird...or spend money on a good quality coating. Either way, I think those dollars could be better spent elsewhere for now.

Wanna make easy power? Simple meth kit, boost, and timing.

Last edited:

prove_it

Wop, you just want to see the whole world on meth. You meth head. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

MellowVR4

Whats wrong with meth?

prove_it

Nothing, I was making a pun since meth drug use is huge around here....

Meth in lungs=bad
Meth in intake=good

MellowVR4

Get that crystal in yoo system lol just kidding, im sure everyone know what meth for humans does to them lol Meth for cars, now thats a different story /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

EfiniX

What I'm gathering is that at this point, it's a bunch of little things to get me to 400 rather then one or two big things?

EfiniX

and can I run 25psi on 93? What are my considerations? I imagine air and fuel. Will my 1000cc injectors do it?

turbowop

When I'm not spraying meth. I run 25psi through my FP3052 using 950's, so yes, your 1000's will work. And the highest octane I have here is 92.

Last edited:

prove_it

You'll be fine with 25psi. That should give you the biggest jump towards the 400 mark. You can run any octane you want as long as you pull timing. 93 would be your minimum I'd recommend. You need all the timing to can get without knock. I'd bump up boost to 25 and get a solid tune done. Might be able to push up to 28, pending on how solid the engine is.

Also is your driveline in good shape? Bad or old U-joints can suck up power trying to make it to the wheels, maybe not much but still worth checking.

Last edited:

5OF2k

Moar boost and timing, you should be able to hit 400 NP. Speed density or a MAFT will make a big difference too.

-Jake

MellowVR4

Thats what im tryina get at

My setup plan for this goal is:
slowboy g60 20+psi
meth kit
possibly bigger injectors then 750cc, which is what i have now
external WG
Tune

Along with my other mods that i have.

turbofonz

My personal choice would be:

Speed density, and retune with more boost, and adjust timing accordingly. I'd shoot for 25-28psi. A log will tell a lot about where power can be had.

FP manifolds are great, I saw decent gains going from a 2g manifold to a FP race.

But otherwise, 272's might help a bit, 264's are fun though. I don't know enough about 20g's efficiency, but I wouldn't be buying many other parts. I think the car should be able to do upper 300's as it sits, and speed density just makes the car better IMO lol. Wideband for sure.

Meth I'm not a fan of, e85 would really wake the car up, but you wouldn't be able to run it super hard on those 1000's. but on pump, for sure, you can make more power easily with more boost and tuning.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned