The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

new motor soon for 637

Tre3zy

hey guys just wanted to see what you guys think of my build list for 637

TOP HEAD:

Topline Gasket kit
OEM MLS Head gasket
ARP hardware
BC 272 cams
BC valve springs and retainers
BC intake and exhaust valves

BOTTOM BLOCK:

Topline Gasket kit
ROSS pistons
EAGLE rods
ARP hardware
polished crank

thats all i can think of on the top of my head.... pics coming soon.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

talon

I wouldn't use Topline gaskets. Some of the gaskets are paper thing, and last time I ordered a Topline kit, I think there were a few gaskets that weren't included in the kit.

I recommend the Cometic gasket kit. click

prove_it

you can negotiate a fel-pro complete gasket kit from a parts store for around 200 cash. It's what I did and I have a lot of gaskets and washers left over for other projects. all other gaskets are great.

Top line is cheap for a reason. When you build an engine saving 50 bucks on something that can cause a huge problem down the road, is NOT worth it.

prove_it

oh and forget the ross pistons, yea they work, but you can't beat the eagle/wiseco combo in a 4g63 been proven for years and years now. well execpt for CP pistons, but at about 200 bucks a piston... well you get it.

prove_it

sorry for the multiple posts, but I'm spacing out.

Don't forget to eliminate the balance shafts!
Replace your oil pump too.
Replace all pulleys and the auto tensioner for the t-belt.
Replace your valve guides. You'll NEED exhaust valve guides for sure. They wear out badly.

There I think thats about all I have for ya.
Good luck and hope you the best!

Tre3zy

so i went to the machine shop yesterday to check out wat was done so far on the bare block....

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned