The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Dash command app

maxash0775

Has anyone seen or used the dash command app. It says it uses your obd 2 sensor to monitor everything just about. I think that would be cool so you could use your phone or iPad. That would also eliminate the need to position gauges which would invite burglars. At least you can take iPad/phone with you. Thought anyone??

www.Palmerperformance.com

IncorpoRatedX

Galant VR4's are all OBD 1... It won't work.

Not sure if you're unaware of that or spamming...?

524of1000

Unless you do an Evo8 ECU conversion /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

mountaineerjeff

yep, but these obd-apps really do work. I have one and it is awesome. Im running obd2 in the vr4, so that helps, but I actually bought it for my jeep. Its running on an AEM F/IC computer and it is 100x more helpful to see both sides. plus not having to drive to the parts store to clear codes is a huge plus.

Terry Posten

What hardware do you need to connect the iphone/ipad to the OBD2 port?

I have a custom part I made for my Outlander and I want to see if it helps performace (easily swapped back to stock) and this is the next best thing to a dyno session.

Brunoboy

they sell modules on ebay that you can use to monitor on your smart phones..........I just plug my ecmlink cable to the car and check things with a laptop.

desant78

Quoting Terry Posten:
What hardware do you need to connect the iphone/ipad to the OBD2 port?

I have a custom part I made for my Outlander and I want to see if it helps performace (easily swapped back to stock) and this is the next best thing to a dyno session.

I know with andriod it uses a blue tooth transmitter that connectors to the OBDII, and streams all the info to your phone. Some programs have the capabilites to even data log. I believe the adapter ran 20 to 30 dollars and my app actually directs me to ebay to buy the adapter.

Brunoboy

my friend does this with his VW and adroid^

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned