The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Custom Valve Cover

BoostedAWD91

hope this isnt a repost but i found this guy who has this pretty crazy valve cover like i have never seen before. I personally dont see how there is really any benefit from it or is there?

G

Staff member
Looks nice, but I bet it will leak like a mofo.

curtis

I like it but I think when they machined the base flange they should have cut the slot for the OEM gasket. It may not leak if they use a good bead of sealant but the flange on the head is pretty narrow to make a good seal. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif Still I think it looks clean

It's definitely unique, but I'm going to have to agree with the leakage thing. Agreeing with Curtis, I also think it would have a better chance if it would have been slotted for the OEM gasket. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif
Definitely slick looking though for sure.

NateCrisman

Not only will it likely leak between the VC/Head seal, it has no baffles. That baffle seperation keeps the oil being slung off the valvetrain from going right out the vent hoses. I think this guy is going to find that oil catch can is half full of oil after a couple weeks.

Last edited:

curtis

Well as for baffles all he would need to do is pull a hose from the cover and inside have an aluminum tube with a system of holes in it. Maybe a tube in a tube. Also could drill and tap the block and could pull a vacuum from in there as well and would have no problems.

grocery_getter

He only have what looks to be a single -10AN hose for breather. With 2 x -10AN hose for breather lines, you don't need to have the baffle. It seems that when you have a big enough combined breather line sizing (and also a big size breather filter on your catch can) it reduces enough of the pressure build up in the crankcase/ head that you won't get too much oil venting out of the breather lines. Also depends on where the outlet tubes are welded on the valve cover obviously.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts