The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

cam bearing cap installation

paul j

I forget the proper orientation of the exhaust caps. I remember the Intake arrows all pointed outboard along with front cap, and with base of letters towards rear of engine. It seems the Exhaust had base of letters facing to rear also and arrows pointing outboard but front cap points inboard. So does this mean E cap arrows should point inboard also? Do these show correct orientation for Exhaust ?

[url=DSCN0278.JPG]

Last edited:

BogusSVO

Do not worry about the cast arrow, there are a few heads that the arrow points the wrong way from the factory.

The stamped letter/number is what to go by.

Top of the letter/number goes towards the timing belt side.

E1 & I1 both hold the cam seal, then counts to 5

H05TYL

They'll almost certainly have witness marks on the underside which make it clear which way round they go.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned