The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Boost Gauge + Controller + BCS removal

PlatypusOfFury

Stupid question,

Setting up my new Boost gauge and a MBC this week. also intend to remove the BCS.
need a refresh on the order of operations.

Pressure Source -> Gauge Tee -> Manual BC -> Wastegate?
or PS -> MBC -> Tee -> WG?

Also, removal of the Boost Control Solenoid... Seen people "cap" theirs, also seen people remove them like this link web page. Safe to just remove since the MBC is replacing control?

Thanks for the noob help. I'm getting better step by step!
Platypus

LIV4PSI

I wouldn't tee into the boost controller line. Any other vacuum source is better, BOV is a common one.

Just remove the stock BCS entirely.

JNR

I ended up just tee'ing off the P line on the TB for the gauge, and tee-ing off the AFPR source (manifold, far driver's side) for the BOV and using the large manifold vacuum fitting (far pass. side) for the boost controller and that is a dedicated line. You may be able to tee of that one for your gauge though, as it's a realtively large line...the others are small and not the best idea to pull too many things off them.

LIV4PSI

Quoting PlatypusOfFury:

the Tee is for the Boost Gauge not the MBC. just adding both at the same time:)

I know the Tee is for the boost gauge, you misunderstood me. I wouldn't tee into you MBC line to hook up the boost gauge. I would tee into a different vacuum source. As I stated, I would tee into the BOV vacuum line for the boost gauge, or one of the sources JNR suggested.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned