The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Anyone try using these "upgraded" e316g center sections?

324vr4

Trying to decide whether to get this and pair it up with my eBay exhaust/compressor housings or to just buy a BNIB 16g from FP.....

click

Not sure why anybody would ever spend $430 on that when you can get the real deal for $499.

324vr4

I agree...but this is essentially the "real" deal as KAMAK built MHI center with upgraded internals....I'm just curious if there is even an upgrade for those parts, or what; b/c if that's a turbo with $160 of upgraded internals, that's a great deal, no?!

I fail to see what's "upgraded" about it. I'd rather buy a whole turbo and sell the housings.

Barnes

So what are you gaining by getting these 'upgraded' internals?

Polish

That is an Evo 4-8 Cartridge anyway, it won't work.

Note the blades are angled the opposite direction than our turbos. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

324vr4

ooooooh that sucks...mild retardation I suppose..but say it DID work:

"Performance Thrust Bearing system

(Double Oil feed hole with larger thrust ring and flinger)"

Are such "upgrades" available for e316g turbos, the one's that work with our setup...

Lonewolf64

Why fix what ain't broke? E3 16g internals are backed up with countless time slips and dyno sheets.

324vr4

Right, just like the OEM Galants are perfect DD with minimal problems...its the whole making something that's great even better theory...er...experience...just wondering if anyone's even heard of such "upgrades" or even tried something similar...I'm assuming no one has thought it fit to throw money at a maybe...

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
"We ONLY sale the best". Talking about boats here, or what? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

I don't think there is anywhere near enough detail there to make me want to buy that. What are the upgrades? Gotta agree with previous posters on that one.

^
Sale= event
Sail= boats
Sell= the action of exchanging goods or services

Number 3.

ScreaminE

Quoting iceman69510:
"We ONLY sale the best". Talking about boats here, or what? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

I don't think there is anywhere near enough detail there to make me want to buy that. What are the upgrades? Gotta agree with previous posters on that one.

Double Fail.

To quote Jeff Foxworthy, "When I was a kid, my uncle wrote mail, M-A-L-E on our mailbox...and nooobody got it."

324vr4

Lol, damn, nice to have a Jeff Foxworthy quote in this thread...It's quite fitting...I believe the verdict is in than....BS on this "upgrade"; should've realized the words they chose to describe this upgrade as an indicator...thanks for the advice and suggestions...

the only thing i saw different in thier rebuild kit was

as you can see the kamak oil feed journal in the thrust bearing has 2 exit points (larger i.d.) than the stock mitsu.
i used this rebuild kit on a 18g, we will see how it goes when i 1405 back on the road.

324vr4

I am definitely interested in how it holds up...Thanks for the photo that helps the understanding of this upgrade look more reasonable...keep us updated!

the First 500mi have been great, still zero shaft play, no smoke.
the 18g spools to full by 3k, and sounds AWESOME probly do to
no inlet restriction other than a filter. the balence shafts
have been removed so oil pressure is a bit more than stock.
I have the oil feed comming from the head, I'm also running
royal purple 10-30, 3" downpipe into a evo8 cat back system (for stealthness)
and still works much better than a 14b with a full 3"! She is still at 10psi
gonna bump it up after the first oil change when i get some more
solid tuning.

I'll keep this thread updated as I rack up more miles. the rebuild
was VERY easy to do esp if you have a pre balenced turbo, the kit
itself was only $70, so if your shaft and blades are still good, Id
highly reccomend this kit over a new center section.

Oh yea, on a side note, this is an MHI/FP TD05H 18g turbo with no
coolant lines, so this will be a true KAMAK test /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

324vr4

Interesting! I'm glad it's holding up and giving you grins...I 100% interested in how it keeps going! Tune that beast and go for more! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Heading near the 4,000 Mile mark on the rebuild still just as good as day one! no oil loss, smoke and or shaft play.
set at 15psi for the past 3 month's(i know, but its my DD /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif). Considering this turbo is oil cooled only I give
kamak a thumbs up @only 70$ and a DIY job.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned