The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Anyone using wheel spacers for the rear?

cupajoe

Just wondering if anyone is using wheel spacers on the rear to even up the tires with the wheel well? If you have the stock rims and have spacers on the rear post up a picture please! I know I can't run anything bigger then 5mm without having to get longer lug nuts, but I was also looking at these click But I'm really not sure if 5mm will do much for the rear, so any idea what size spacer I would need?

Any info would be appreciated!

-Joe

cupajoe

Trying to find someone with stock rims and spacers. That thread didn't help at all because it was mentioned one time and that was with evo rims. Which the offset and wider tires would need a smaller spacer.

IncorpoRatedX

i have stock evo wheels with a 10mm in the rear...

cheekychimp

Josh,

You used spacers on your car at the rear? I was under the impression that the EVO rims would sit flush at the rear and would probably stick out a little at the front. If that isn't the case I feel more confident about doing the GTO rear swap on the daily now. If I recall, that adds about 12mm of track to the rear so it should even things up nicely without the need to use spacers.

Last edited:

IncorpoRatedX

I would rather do the GTO/3kgt rear swap to avoid using spacers.

but the problem i saw was the evo wheels sit flush in the front (i did a slight fender roll, no pull) and sit in a touch in the back, having the spacer gives the car a better stance. IMO

cheekychimp

No I totally agree. Before I found out about the GTO rear swap, I used 10-15mm spacers at the rear with my old Zigen Fireballs. Definitely improves the stance.

Last edited:

CutlassJim

I also used spacers, 5mm, on the rear of the Galant with the stock and aftermarket rims and they are now on the SExpo with stock GVR4 and aftermarket rims.

SouthCaliVR4

I have the H&R gvr4 specific spacers on the rear of mine with 17x7.5's. the evened up the track nicely. They're big though, like 20-23mm. I'll look them up & post a link when I have more time.

I'll even try out the new camera tonight & post up some pics.

SouthCaliVR4

found a few min these are the ones I'm running. I've had em on for over a year & inspect them regularly (I've never run spacers before & was feeling a little paranoid about it) no loosening & gives you a proper hub for centering the wheel.

H&R spacers 20mm

This was just the first site that came up. I bought mine from a fellow board member.

Last edited:

cupajoe

Thanks for the link and picture!

15psi88

I'm running 1" spacers. Not on stock wheels, obviously. It gives you an idea though.
galant11.jpg

IncorpoRatedX

Quoting 15psi88:
I'm running 1" spacers. Not on stock wheels, obviously. It gives you an idea though.
galant11.jpg

I always thought those wheels would look good if they sat out further.

Thanks for sharing.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts