The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Turbo feed question , how many of you set up like this?

Brunoboy

I can get by with this kit right?
ss line
and then just plug the lower with another bolt on the ofh correct?
-shane

Mine is from the OFH, That is what the instructions that came with the turbo said.
2yrs so far and no issues.
PTE 5031RE

I would also have to say it depends on the turbo. For the BEP turbo on my car, I called and they suggested 60-80 psi for a BW cartridge. So from the OFH it is for me.

strokin4dr

Quoting Ian M:
I'd like to think Mitsubishi had it all figured out when they decided to feed oil to the turbo from the head.

2g DSM's were fed from the oil filter housing, maybe they fixed their mistake? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

turbowop

2g's also came with T28 turbos. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hsugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

*edit* Or was that T25's? I don't remember. They were worthless whatever they were. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Last edited:

Barnes

T25. Makes a good hair dryer.

donniekak

Quoting strokin4dr:
Quoting Ian M:
I'd like to think Mitsubishi had it all figured out when they decided to feed oil to the turbo from the head.

2g DSM's were fed from the oil filter housing, maybe they fixed their mistake? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

2g dsm's have a built in oil restrictor. To the op. Feed it from the head like it was made to be fed. td05 turbos require very little oil flow. The turbine on your turbo was torn up because to much pressure caused bearing wear and shaft play. The turbine then rubbed on the heat shield and was damaged.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned