The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

anyone sittin flush?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NateCrisman

Let's just have it suffice to say that i personally believe if you're going to OWN a gvr4, you should modify it and beat the piss out of it at the dragstrip semi weekly /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

TSimage

Quoting turbowop:
Quoting TSimage:
LOL @ how opinionated some of you are...

Its borderline pathetic. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

People laugh at you for fixing up "buckets" let them do what they want to their cast and stop acting like bitches on their rags. good lord, if only a hand full of people valued many of your opinions as highly as you did, you might get somewhere or be somebody in this life time. For now, keep on with those small town ideals. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif

Oh and Nate.. Not flush bro lol.

lol @ the n00b. Threads like this make it so easy to see who on the board is worth paying attention to, and who isn't. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowrofl.gif

I make fun of emos as well. Or any other retarded fad that is sure to be gone in a short amount of time.

Get off that high horse small fry. Being new to these boards only attributes to ownership of the saluted vehicle. I have been building 4Gs for over a decade.

I could careless that you are making fun of them, I just find it odd how someone such as yourself could value your own opinion so highly when at the end of the day, its just that, your opinion. The same people you make fun of probably make fun of you. Does that make them any more right? To dislike something is one thing, your haughtiness juxtaposed to the demographic is amusing...

Keep up the good work tiger. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

Last edited:

turbowop

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif You remind me of the douche that tried to defend Britney Spears on Youtube. "OMG just leave them ALONE!!!" /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

I'm not on any high horse. I'm on the same f***ing horse that the majority of the board is on. I'm just abrasive and don't have a problem calling it as I see it. If you want to stick up for fad bandwagoners, that's your thing.

SouthCaliVR4

I'll say this, I'll fight for your right to make you car look as dumb-ass as you want but fair being fair, I have the right to mock said stupidity to my hearts content /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

turbowop

Werd up. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/worthy.gif

f*** your car up all you want. But expect negative comments when you do so on a public internet forum. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

mitsuturbo

Are the californicators backing each other up? Starting to seem that way..

You have to ask yourself: Why is it the most revered vehicles on this forum are NOT riced out in any fashion whatsoever?

Last edited:

SouthCaliVR4

I just moved here & am a native of Seattle, so much for that theory /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

TSimage

No one is defending them.. You are making fun of them and I am simply making fun of you. It'd be no different if I was on a Hella Flush board and they were talkin' sh*t about some guy with a green bucket 4 door with rims trying to stunt on them at a stop light.

Both parties are asshats in general, but alas, this is life. Your fickle attempt at comprehending that along with your silly analogy only make it worse.. I'm sure you sleep well at night lol.

At the end of the day, you do you and let them do them. Driving the car that you do, you'd think you'd have more common sense. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif They ruin nice cars with gaudy modifications that you don't understand, while you dump money into a valueless bucket that they don't understand. Irony. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

mitsuturbo

5 minutes of reading this forum would tell you that this is not an acceptable proposition for modification for these vehicles

This begs the question...

Why would one submit themselves to such criticism if they didn't want an HONEST and widely accepted opinion?
Ask, and ye shall receive.

Whoodoo

Look out wop, you might get kicked out of the noob section again /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/uhh.gif

EDIT: Oops, this isn't in the noob section.... so game on I guess

Last edited:

BrandonEchols

Quoting TSimage:
They ruin nice cars with gaudy modifications that you don't understand, while you dump money into a valueless bucket that they don't understand. Irony. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

That completely depends on how one assigns value.
Not everyone believes value to be a dollar amount.

SouthCaliVR4

Quoting TSimage:

At the end of the day, you do you and let them do them. Driving the car that you do, you'd think you'd have more common sense. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif They ruin nice cars with gaudy modifications that you don't understand, while you dump money into a valueless bucket that they don't understand. Irony. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Let me share my perspective, Would I have maybe thought that was a cool look when I was ten, sure who knows, I had a 69 Datsun 510 that was sorta "HellaFlush". Loved the way it looked then but hated visiting my girlfriend because her apartment had huge speed-bumps my car literally got stuck on. so I parked by the guard shack & had to walk a couple blocks to her place. Car handled like sh*t, all the travel was gone & it was way beyond aligning, hit a good bump in a corner & it was rather a pucker moment. So face it, it's just for looks & is detrimental to performance.

Now I'm in my forties & you may ask why I dump so much into a Galant. well, by the time I have it where I want it she'll run with the most expensive sedans on the market & I'll be into it maybe twenty grand. My other choice to get a car with this kind of performance is what a BMW, if I bought a 740is in 90 it would have run over 40 grand & I'd be getting what 3k maybe 4k for it now. maybe a Mercedes 560sec @80k new now worth what? less than ten will get you just about any example out there. so if I dump 20k into my car & only get 4-5k out of it should I ever really commit to selling her, I still make out & have a car I built to my specs.

Sorry but at forty I have way more admiration for the understated look of Marks 1051 or any other number of fine examples here on the board, not a one has an aftermarket wing or other rice like additions. why because we would rather spend our time & money on a car that rides well, looks good & can rape a vet should the urge strike. And it does all that without attracting the undue attention of the police. put on a stupid wing & pokey wheel tire combo, that beautiful little bit goes right out the window. Hell my jury is still out on carbon fiber hoods & I'm still considering that one myself, it's just I know I'll be on the cops radar if I do & I'd only be doing in some vain attempt to make the car look fast. ultimately I'd prefer to make my car be fast so I doubt I'll waste my budget on a hood.

But as I said if emulating some kind of "Race car" look is what your into, go for it. it's your money & your the one who has to deal with the hassles of compromising proper for what you deem pretty but still a zero offset wheel?!? My 1970 GTO had 0 offset wheels, but it was a rear wheel drive muscle car intended to run offsets like that & would have looked just as gay with a 40 offset as a Galant will with a 0. Or just as dumb as Rick Dobertons Pontiac J2000 pro streeter did, though some people thought it was cool, even if it never actually ran.

Last edited:

TSimage

The ideals behind my post have become clouded...

There is no reason to attempt to justify your view point because it is all opinion...

That sums it up 100%.

Just as easily as you justified modifying what most consider a bucket, they modify their cars to extremes most consider ridiculous. People do what they want to their cars as they should. Some of the "Hella flush" cars I have seen look like complete ass, and some are gorgeous cars. A lot of Galants I have seen look like trash heaps and some are really nice. At the end of the day, no one is right, and no one is wrong. It simply urks me when people think their view point on a subject matter is law, or when people in glass houses throw stones. I'm by no means defending them, I'm defending us at the same time because this all goes full circle.

We waste money on buckets, they waste money on over-sized wheels and undersized tires. Who the fk cares. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif You are no more noble in your endeavor than they are. Have a coke and a smile. Don't make me bust out Martin Luther King Jr. quotes.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

I chalk it up to a lot of ignorance or what we out here in CA call "little town syndrome" Anything that is different than the norm is shunned and poked fun at. I say, get over it, and get over yourselves. You say wings and such but Flush people normally don't run wings. Matter fact, if someone were to do a flush car they normally remove even the factory wing. The idea is to built a low car with high offset and tasteful mods. Focus on rare and genuine parts and only using the best stuff available. Far from the ricers you associate them with. I gotta respect people who are willing to go out of their way to ensure they have a top notch legit part as opposed to knock offs and subpar material. Good for them... Why hate?

Last edited:

turbowop

Quoting TSimage:
No one is defending them.. You are making fun of them and I am simply making fun of you. It'd be no different if I was on a Hella Flush board and they were talkin' sh*t about some guy with a green bucket 4 door with rims trying to stunt on them at a stop light.

Both parties are asshats in general, but alas, this is life. Your fickle attempt at comprehending that along with your silly analogy only make it worse.. I'm sure you sleep well at night lol.

You're making fun of me? Try harder, plz. FYI, we're not on a hellaflush board, so the responses that are coming out of this thread are to be expected. This is why I don't frequent such boards and if a bunch of fags are on one talking sh*t about my car, so be it. I'm not on their board asking opinions on how not to make my car "hellaflush".

So here we have a guy dummping money into what you call a bucket and trying to make it hellaflush. Irony? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowrofl.gif

I don't care how long you've been messing with 4g63's. You're a n00b to this board and an obvious hellaflush sympathizer. Maybe you have friends with such cars, or maybe you have some hellaflush fetish. I dunno. It's a f***ing forum full of opinions, and I gave mine and then some. Get over it, or move on. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I love my buckets. Both of them. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

TSimage

I needn't try any harder.. You made it quite easy. I wasn't trying to go out of my way to make a point and it obviously was made.

BTW, your second failed attempt at using an example, not "irony" what you described is "coincidence". /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

It doesn't matter if this was a speed boat board or focused on Lolita foot fetishes, it makes you no more right (i.e. wrong) than you were to begin with. As I mentioned, yes you do have an opinion, as do I. You feel yours is warranted yet anyone who disagrees with you is which all in all is asinine. Having an abrasive personality isn't a substitution for intelligence in any way, normally it is a bandage. When used as an excuse it becomes a crutch.

If an internet title fulfills your destiny it sure is fitting in this situation. You can rant and rave and blab all you want, you ain't said sh*t since you started typing. If you are trying to make a valid point, come again. k_thx. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif Just as one should expect to see negative comments towards the topic, those same people should only expect the same in return correct? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Its like you are contradicting yourself all over the place lol. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif

Last edited:

turbowop

Quoting TSimage:
greddymb.gif

You're right. I apologize. I'm contradicting myself. My abrasiveness is a crutch, I don't know the definition of irony and I'm wasting money on a pile. You got me.
facepalmsmiley1ti3.gif

But at least I'm not trying to ghettoize my car with the hellaflush "movement". /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

My internet title? What the f*** are you talking about? I'm just a guy on a forum with a couple of cars. Regardless of how nice some people may think my car is or how many people like it, it has nothing to do with my personality. I would make fun of hellaflush sh*t if all I drove was a stock Subaru Justy. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowrofl.gif

TSimage

Don't back pedal. Were you not the strong opinionated (and some) person from a few post ago? I don't value your opinion enough for me to reach out for an apology. As you said, when ridiculous things are said, ridiculous responses should be expected. Surely you expected it.. Right?

And I definitely wasn't referring to your car LOL, I was talking about your juvenile use of the term "newb"... That was the title I was referring to Mr. GVR4.org OG. For someone who is supposedly such a hardass you seem a little sensitive. My original comment about a green Galant was my own, I care not to mention your car. This is like that song by Carly Simon, you probably think this post is aboutchu, don't chu? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/worthy.gif As mentioned, I have been on both sides of the fence, I just try a little bit harder than most to be reasonable and apply basic logic.

"Why so serious?" /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

Besides, its hard to "ghettoize" a bucket... You can polish a turd but your sure can't sh*t it out twice. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Epic lulz.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned