The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

anyone sittin flush?

Status
Not open for further replies.

my wheels/tires now sit about the same as 1051. im planning on having a set up for stretch/poke just to mess around with. im going to keep the wheels i have now for daily and just rock the others when i feel like it. im ordering coilovers tonight so ill have the flexibility. and my car is white so tiffany's will look pretty good

I'll sell you my Volks if you want. The offset up front is probably what you're looking for. 2200 and they come with old Bridgestone SO2's with about 45% tread remaining.

SleepinGVR4

Leave the tire stretching to the euro fags.

I work with this kid who has a jetta that had a roll cage and stretched tires. The kid also has a baby, that he puts in a baby seat in the back. I told him he must not like his baby very much. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

Euro fags aren't the only ones doing this. Thank god im not doing this to impress a bunch of guys on a forum and doing it because i like it. I know it might be weird to see a gvr4 go a different direction but its not like its anything that cant be reversed.

Whoodoo

If you do go +0, you will need to at least roll your fenders, if not pull them a bit. H05TYL is running 18x9 +30 with 235/40's and he's had a lot of clearance issues. Here you can see all of his issues. You might want to PM him directly so he can better explain all his difficulties.

EDIT: Just so you know, 30mm is a little under 1.2 inches. If you look at H05TYL's car but then have the wheels stick out a little more than an inch, that is what you will be dealing with.

So to put it plainly, 16x8 +0 won't work.

Last edited:

turbowop

Quoting slampiece:
I know it might be weird to see a gvr4 go a different direction

It's not weird. It's dumb. Have fun running 20 degrees of negative camber to tuck the zero offset wheel/tire combo. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/uhh.gif

Andy_S

Its not dumb. Your opinion is that its dumb. I look forward to seeing better fitments on galants, even if they are crazier than most would do.

turbowop

Oh, my bad. I guess this looks good:

facepalmsmiley1ti3.gif

DR1665

Quoting Andy_S:
Its not dumb. Your opinion is that its dumb.

Actually, it's pretty much the definition of dumb.

Does it make the car ride smoother? Nope.
Does it make the car handle better? Nope.
Does it make the car accelerate/decelerate faster? Nope.
Does it improve the performance of the vehicle in any way? Nope.

Does it, in fact, negatively impact all of the above? Yep.
Does it impress other flat-brims who build $40k race cars that aren't? Yep.

Remember, it's not how you stand by your car, it's how you race your car. You betta learn dat.

Oh sh*t. Here they come. It's on.

turbowop

I'd also like to add, I already run 17x8's with 245/40 tires and they fit under the fenders just fine. Running lower offset does absolutely nothing other than force you to run more negative camber, which hoses handling. It's not like you can run a wider tire on that width, so what's the point? Other than looks, which IMO, is the f***ing stupidest look ever. Carry on...

Andy_S

Quoting DR1665:
Quoting Andy_S:
Its not dumb. Your opinion is that its dumb.

Actually, it's pretty much the definition of dumb.

Does it make the car ride smoother? Nope.
Does it make the car handle better? Nope.
Does it make the car accelerate/decelerate faster? Nope.
Does it improve the performance of the vehicle in any way? Nope.

Does it, in fact, negatively impact all of the above? Yep.
Does it impress other flat-brims who build $40k race cars that aren't? Yep.

Remember, it's not how you stand by your car, it's how you race your car. You betta learn dat.

Oh sh*t. Here they come. It's on.

Form over function in this case. Performance isn't the only aspect of cars or cars enthusiasts. I consider the wheel fitment, or "flush", movement an artistic one. Thats all I'm going to say, I don't feel like arguing.

DR1665

Form follows function. Here's a recipe for flat-brim, hella flush wankster goodness.

Take a car with something of a performance pedigree, invest $10,000-$20,000 in performance modifications like ball bearing turbos and EMS. Have all the performance parts installed by a shop. While they have the car, have them tune it too. Keep a dyno slip in the glovebox to prove you have 400whp. If you'd like to go for bonus points, ensure there is plenty of visible titanium and carbon fiber. Adding a roll cage will complete the time attack look. Now slam the car down way low.

Make sure you have a decent sound system in the car so you and your bros can jam out to some Atreyu or new Eminem in the parking lot at the weekly car show. When you guys are done, *gently* ease the car out of the parking lot into traffic. Be extra careful not to scrape. Take the driveway out at an obscene angle to minimize scratching your $100, Andy's Autoshort carbon fiber lip, thenbangthroughthefirstthreegearsashardandfastasyoupossiblycantoshoweveryonehowabsolutelyfuckingretardedyouare.

Et voila!

turbowop

This flush bullshit isn't a "movement", it's a fad. And like all stupid fads before it all the bandwagoners will realize this, stop doing it. And the fad will go away.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/gay.gif

mitsuturbo

It's sad to see that there are people out there who wish to rice out, ruin, and destory these increasingly rare cars. If you want to gay up a car with shitty wheels and tires that DO NOT FIT, then by all means, run out and get yourself a LEGENDARY HACHI ROKU, ZOMG! STRETCHPOKE! Please don't molest a vr4 like that.

It's not "a different direction" it's defacing an otherwise classic japanese car.

mikus

^ they're so classic you can't give away a shell for free.

I don't care for it, and if you want to sh*t on it because you don't like it that's your perogative - but to sh*t on it because someone prefers aesthetic modification of a car over performance is foolish. If someone is enthused about their car, good for them.

turbowop

BTW, how do you plan to camber it out enough? With my camber plates maxed, I got only -2 degrees. I had to add camber bolts to get the extra -.4 I needed. If I max those I *might* get -3.

Andy_S

Quoting mikus:
^ they're so classic you can't give away a shell for free.

I don't care for it, and if you want to sh*t on it because you don't like it that's your perogative - but to sh*t on it because someone prefers aesthetic modification of a car over performance is foolish. If someone is enthused about their car, good for them.

Couldn't have said it better myself. Thank you.

steve

In a few years we may need to add a Hellaflush Technical section to the board. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned