The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Anyone ever seen a KG non-sunroof car?

Vr4junkie

I'm glad 385 has one nothing like cruising around with all the windows open in nice cool weather plus you none sunroof guys can't do this click

LIV4PSI

I don't get much wind on my jackstands.

I'm glad I clicked that link though /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif

slugsgomoo

Quoting turbowop:
I love my sunroof in 1051 and my Audi. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif I hated that 503 didn't have one.

I don't have a/c, I love leaving the roof tipped up so at least some of the heat exits the car when it's parked. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ughdunno.gif

EMX5636

I am 100% glad I kept the R12 A/C in mine for when it's blistering hot out. Under 95* though I just cruise all windows down and like the solid roof. But I will never get to be able to do this...

click

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/idea.gif

ApexHunter

#381 is also a non sunroof KG.

Regarding the sunroof or non debate, when i bought 1951 the lack of sunroof was a big plus for me. I didn't like the thought of an extra 50 lbs of crap at the highest point of the car.

Smash cut to now. I have an evo with a sunroof. I love it and it was a big plus for me. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif Somewhere along the way i decided that if its a street car, f*** it. I don't really give a sh*t if there is that slight performance detriment. When i start bringing home checks based on my lap times i'll start to care again.

LIV4PSI

It's not really about the weight for me. I just think it looks cleaner without the sunroof, inside and out. Plus it's a common rust area that I don't have to worry about.

Non-sunroof cars are twice as rare too /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Chad989of2000

Without AC, the sunroof (141/1000) adds a little more cooling. I have an example of each and like the extra head room the non-sunroof model (989/2000) offers.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned